Daniel Barnett and Fiona Sharp were victorious in the Barton Wheelers 10 in Lincolnshire on Saturday.
Barnett, the 44-year-old Team Bottrill-Vanguard rider from Nottingham, clocked 20-01 to win by just one second from Team Swift rival Richard Sharp, husband of fastest female and one third of the newly-crowned National Team Time Trial Champions Fiona Sharp.
Fiona Sharp covered the C10/7 course in 23-07 to win the women’s category by 26 seconds from Sarah Lewthwaite (Team Sportslab), whose team-mate Karen Taylor was two minutes behind Sharp in third.
There was only a light breeze blowing over the course to the south of Barton on Humber, and with relatively warm and dry conditions times were good.
Barnett was fastest of the Team Bottrill-Vanguard trio who were the fastest team prize, with Neal Parkin and Scott Walker placing seventh and eighth respectively to help Team Bottrill post a combined time of 1-01-09.
Sixth fastest overall, Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) was the fastest veteran on age standard with a plus of 6-21, while Darren Yarwood (Vive le Velo) was second on standard with 6-04 and third overall with an actual time of 20-14.
Barnett’s win was the latest in a string of good results in 2018. He was victorious in the Sheffrec CC two-up and Bolsover and District CC two-up alongside Neal Parkin, and was also winner of the Burton and District CA 10 back in April.
Sharp’s win comes just a week after winning the National Team Time Trial Championship, but she has also proved victorious in a number of other events including the Tickhill Velo 10 and Team Swift 50.
The C10/7 course takes riders along relatively minor roads to the south of Barton. Starting near Bonby Lodge, they head south before turning before Elsham and crossing under the A15 and heading towards Wootton, before heading north and then turning onto the B1206 to finish just before the start point.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Daniel Barnett (Team Bottrill-Vanguard) 20.01
2. Richard Sharp (Team Swift) 20.02
3. Darren Yarwood (Vive le Velo) 20.14
4. Jonathan Wears (NOPINZ) 20.25
5. John Brierley (Squadra RT) 20.27
6. Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) 20.29
7. Neal Parkin (Team Bottrill) 20.31
8. Scott Walker (Team Bottrill) 20.37
9. Bevan Jones (Team Sportslab) 20.39
10. Andy Thomas (Lindsay Roads CC) 20.53
1. Fiona Sharp (Team Swift) 23.07
2. Sarah Lewthwaite (Team Sportslab) 23.33
3. Karen Taylor (Team Sportslab) 25.06
Veterans on standard:
1. Ian Guilor +6.21
2. Darren Yarwood +6.04
3. Andy Thomas +5.48
Espoir: Bevan Jones
Team: Team Bottrill-Vanguard (Barnett, Parkin, Walker) 1:01.09
Handicap: Chris Fisher (Sowerby Brothers RT) 16.13