Simon Beldon (SSLL Racing Team) took victory in Rossington Wheelers’ 25-mile time trial in South Yorkshire on Saturday afternoon, clocking 51.48 to win by more than two and a half minutes from his nearest rivals.
The 47-year-old from Leeds was also the fastest veteran, while there was a tie for second place between Nicholas Latimer (Rutland CC) and Dan Taylor (Birdwell Wheelers) who both clocked 54.24.
Fastest female was Victoria Howden (Lincsquad) with 1:13.13, giving her the win in that category by 1-24 from Tracey Coldwell (Holmfirth CC).
Beldon last won in June at the Bolsover and District CC two-up 10-mile event alongside Alastair Wareham, while he has also secured 2017 victories in the Sheffrec CC 25 in May, the Yorkshire CF 25 in April, the Yorkshire CF 10 and the Featherstone RC 10 in March.
While Beldon was top veteran in the 45-54 category, the over-55 prize went to Steven Hollowood (Kiveton Park CC) with 59.21, winning that category by almost five minutes.
The O25/11 course takes riders from a start on the A18 near the M180 junction, before heading east along the A18 and back, then down the A614 to the turn at Blaxton, just north of Robin Hood Airport, and finishing on the A614 south of Hatfield Woodhouse.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Simon Beldon (SSLL Racing Team) 51.48
=2. Nicholas Latimer (Rutland CC) 54.24
=2. Dan Taylor (Birdwell Wheelers) 54.24
4. Nick Moore (Andy Moore Autocentres) 54.39
5. Mark Wolstenholme (Team Swift) 55.25
6. Trevor Mayne (Birdwell Wheelers) 55.35
7. James Gough (Barnsley RC) 56.28
8. Richard Lunt (Rossington Wheelers) 57.02
9. Paul Mason (Birdwell Wheelers) 57.27
10. Julian Read (Team Swift) 57.33
Team: Birdwell Wheelers (Taylor, Mayne) 1:49.59
Women: Victoria Howden (Lincsquad) 1:13.13
Veterans: Simon Beldon