If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Both the men’s and women’s course records were broken as Joe Clark (Cycling Sheffield-Giant) and Lizzy Banks (Storey Racing) powered up the Woodfall Lane climb.
Clark, 25 and from Belper in Derbyshire, clocked 2:02.2 to take around six seconds from the old record for the climb from Low Bradfield to High Bradfield, which twists its way through the woods on flat tarmac laid just a couple of years ago when the Tour de France passed nearby.
Clarke's time was just five seconds quicker than runner-up Andy Nichols (Team B38-Underpin Racing), with Leon Wright (Race Hub) another three seconds back in third.
Meanwhile, the women’s course record also fell, Lizzy Banks taking 11 seconds from her own record for the course. The Sheffield-based medicine student clocked 2:49.8 to win by 13 seconds from Emilie Verokken (Maxx RT).
Clark’s performance was his first open hill climb appearance since last year’s national championship in Matlock, where he placed fifth.
But he has had plenty of time in the saddle – he has ridden in almost every round of the National Road Racing Series so far, and secured an elite level victory in the TMG Horizon Trophy Road Race last month.
Meanwhile, Banks is also no stranger to road racing, having finished third in a stage of the Tour of the Reservoir. Earlier this season she won the Tour of the Wolds in the women’s national series, as well as the Capernwray Road Race in April.
She has also ridden well in this season’s Knight Composites Classic Time Trial Series, placing second in three of the six rounds.
In other categories, the University of Sheffield CC took the team prize ahead of the promoting Sheffrec CC, despite only having one rider in the top ten with Daniel Collier clocking 2:19.7 for fifth.
There was a tie for the prize for fastest veteran with Buxton CC’s John Sanderson and Oliver Humphreys (National Clarion) both crossing the line in 2:38.9, while the pick of the junior riders was Alex Raynard, the Matlock CC rider who finished sixth with a time of 2:20.6.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Joseph Clark (Cycling Sheffield-Giant) 2:02.2
2. Andy Nichols (Team B38-Underpin Racing) 2:07.2
3. Leon Wright (Race Hub) 2:10.0
4. Andy Cunningham (All Terrain Cycles) 2:14.7
5. Daniel Collier (Univ of Sheffield CC) 2:19.7
6. Alex Raynard (Matlock CC) 2:20.6
7. Benjamin Harmer (Wold Top Actif RT) 2:21.0
8. Joe Cox (7 Hills CC) 2:21.9
9. Chris Dyke (Langsett Cycles RT) 2:22.9
10. Rick Bailey (Team B38-Underpin Racing) 2:23.5
1. Elizabeth Banks (Storey Racing) 2:49.8
2. Emilie Verokken (Maxx RT) 3:02.9
3. Yasmin Marks (Beeston CC) 3:25.8
Veterans: John Sanderson (Buxton CC) & Oliver Humphreys (National Clarion CC) both 2:38.9
Juniors: Alex Raynard
Team: Univ of Sheffield CC (Collier, Andrews, Barber) 7:48.4