Rosamund Bradbury and Daniel Hills topped the women and men’s categories respectively in Sunday morning’s hill-climb hosted by CC Basingstoke on Brockham Hill Lane in Hampshire.
Daniel Hills (Brixton CC) claimed his first open event win on record with a three-second victory, setting a new course record along the way.
With no recorded events in 2019, Hills’ form coming into the events was a mystery. But the 26-year-old quickly made it clear he had improved from his 2018 form which saw a highest recorded placing of seventh.
Hills clocked a record time of 4-05.17 ahead of Ian Middleton (Foran CCC) who finished second around three seconds adrift in 4-08.22.
David Ross (LFGSS CC) may have had a better 2018 palmares than the aforementioned duo but Ross could only muster up a third-place finish after crossing the line in 4-09.30.
Rosumund Bradbury (Sigma Sports) finished a respectable 17th out of 35 riders overall as she was fastest woman on the day.
Bradbury finished with a time of 4-56.96, equal to fastest V50 rider Stewart House (Arctic Aircon RT).
Fastest veteran overall went to Richard Cartland (South Downs Bikes/Casco Pet) who finished fourth in the overall standings with a time of 4-12.01 while Jack Hartrey (Kingston Wheelers CC) took the fastest junior/juvenile prize clocking 5-00.86.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Daniel Hills (Brixton Cycles Club) 4-05.17
2. Ian Middleton (Foran CCC) 4-08.22
3. David Ross (LFGSS CC) 4-09.30
4. Richard Cartland (South Downs Bikes/Casco Pet) 4-12.01
5. Calvin Cheung (Hub Velo) 4-14.77
6. Jon Hughes (Velo Club Godalming & Haselmere) 4-18.64
7. Peter Tadros (trainSharp) 4-23.64
8. Guy Bridgewood (Rapha Cycling Club) 4-23.76
9. Matt Phipps-Taylor (Velosport CC) 4-27.84
10. Oliver Bridgewood (JAM Cycle Race Team) 4-28.36
Women: Rosamund Bradbury (Sigma Sports) 4-56.96
Junior/Juvenile: Jack Hartrey (Kingston Wheelers CC) 5-00.86
Veteran: Richard Cartland