Simon Beldon (Team Bottrill) secured his fourth win of 2018 with victory at the Birdwell Wheelers 10-mile time trial on Saturday, while Kirsty Bramley (Team Swift) was fastest female.
Beldon has dominated in Yorkshire this season three prior victories all over the county. The 48-year-old from Leeds clocked a time of 20-19 to help Team Bottrill retain the race after winning the 2017 10-mile event.
Beldon was one of five riders under the 21-minute mark with Adam Duggleby (Vive Le Velo) pushing the Team Bottrill rider close only three seconds off the pace with a 20-22 finish.
Nick Moore (uk-featherflags/TRI Race Team) completed the podium by the skin of his teeth – pipping Matt Sinclair (Lutterworth Cycle Centre) by a mere second in 20-35 – Sinclair finishing in 20-36.
Last year’s winner of the event Daniel Barnett (Team Bottrill) was the last man under the 21-minute barrier with a 20-42 finish but had to settle for fifth place.
Kirsty Bramley (Team Swift) took the fastest woman’s prize with a time of 24-01 which saw the 43-year-old finish in 26th place overall.
Simon Beldon and Kirsty Bramley also took home the honours for fastest male and female veterans in the V40 category.
Beldon will look to make it five out of five for 2018 in the Ravensthorpe CC 10 on Saturday the 21st, April.
In the standard road bike event Andrew Newby (Veloviewer) was the victor, completing the course in 23-24. He finished 20 seconds ahead of team-mate Chris Bevan who clocked 23-44.
Simon Holmes (Rutland Cycling Club) took the final step on the podium 35 seconds off winning pace just shy of the 24-minute mark with a 23-59.
Hannah Larbalestier (SunSport Velo WRT) was the fastest female in that race and clocked a time of 24-42.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Simon Beldon (Team Bottrill-Vanguard) 20:19
2. Adam Duggleby (Vive le Velo) 20:22
3. Nick Moore (uk-featherflags/TRI Race Team) 20:35
4. Matt Sinclair (Lutterworth Cycle Centre) 20:36
5. Daniel Barnett (Team Bottrill-Vanguard) 20:42
6. Andrew Whiteley (Langsett Cycles RT) 21:12
7. Darren Yarwood (Vive le Velo) 21:16
8. Steven Guymer (Squadra RT) 21:36
9. Nicholas Latimer (Rutland CC) 21:38
10. Harry Buxton (Andrew Moore Autocentres Racing) 21:40
1. Kirsty Bramley (Team Swift) 24:01
2. Alex Deck (Rutland CC) 24:31
3. Alix Archer (Maxx RT) 24:50
Standard Road Bike Race:
1. Andrew Newby (Veloviewer) 23:24
2. Chris Bevan (Veloviewer) 23:44
3. Simon Holmes (Rutland CC) 23:59
Hannah Larbalestier (Sunsport Velo WRT) 24:42