|Start Sheet and Info
||UoBCC HC Start Sheet and Info 2017.docx
||09 Oct 17 18:49
Back for the fourth year running, we invite riders of all abilities to climb Belmont Hill as fast as possible to claim victor status as well as join in the comradery of the day.
CTT Course Number: UH45
Distance: 0.86 miles
Date: Saturday 15th October 2016
Time: Start at 9 am.
Equal prizes will be given for male and female categories.
- Fastest Rider- £30
- Second Fastest Rider- £20
- Third Fastest Rider- £10
- Team Prize (Top 3 Riders per club cumulative time) - £10
- Fastest Junior Rider- £10
- Fastest Veteran Rider - £10
HQ will be based in Barrow Gurney Village Hall, which will be open from 8.15am to sign in and collect race numbers. Please return your number to HQ after racing. Important information for race day:
- Please allow 10-15 minutes to get from HQ to the course start
- There is little space at the start so please do not arrive more than 3 minutes before your start time
- Please descend the hill in a safe manner, in particular the last corner on the descent is quite tight so please don’t end up in the hedge!
- After the finish there is a junction with Flax Bourton Road so please watch for traffic turning onto Belmont hill from the left. You may wish to cool down in the car park on the opposite side of the road; marshals will be on hand to assist with crossing the road.
- Please avoid making U-turns particularly before the start and finish of the course
- Some construction HGVs have been utilising this road recently so be alert for them as they may veer slightly onto the wrong side of the road around the bends
- Please keep non-racing activities on Belmont to an absolute minimum, if you do have to ascent the course prior/after your time do so in a respectful way to other riders who may be racing at that time. And do so without your number on or you may get an unfavourable time!!
- Please encourage friends and family to come and spectate and cheer on, and try and return the favour yourself to other athletes who fuelled you on!
- Have fun!!