If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hannah Bayes and Nathan Smith topped the timings in the Flixton Brow hill-climb in East Yorkshire on Sunday, promoted by Vive Le Velo.
Riders braved testing conditions with only one rider failing to start in the tenth edition of the hill-climb on the Yorkshire roads of Fordon.
Nathan Smith (Wold Top the Edge RT) took the victory with a strong time of 3-05.34.
Smith’s win doubles his winning tally to two for the 2019 season with his last coming only three weeks ago back in September.
The event’s founder – Andrew Askwith (Vive Le Velo) – had to settle for second spot behind the 19-year-old winner.
Askwith got the event underway setting off first and rode to his first hill-climbing podium of the season and first overall top three since August where he finished second in a 10-mile event.
Third place went to quickest female Hannah Bayes (Liv AWOL).
Bayes’ victory seals a hat-trick of wins for the 2019 season and will undoubtedly be pleased in improving on her last outing which saw her finish ninth.
Katy Cawthorn (Richardsons CC) was second fastest woman while 12-year-old Jasmine Townend (Richardsons CC) was third and produced a fantastic ride to finish only eight second away from beating her father, Jay Townend, in the overall standings.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Nathan Smith (Wold Top the Edge RT) 3:05.34
2. Andrew Askwith (Vive Le Velo)
3. Hannah Bayes (Liv AWOL)
4. Peter Fielding-Smith (Wilson’s Wheels)
5. Cameron Turner (Malton Wheelers)
6. Chris Goode (Yorkshire Coast Clarion)
7. Katy Cawthorn (Richardsons CC)
8. Jay Townend (Richardsons CC)
9. Jasmine Townend (Richardsons CC)
10. Simon Walker (Richardsons CC)