Natasha Jarman finished top female as Chris Fennell broke the Q10/19 course record in the San Fairy Ann Open 10 neat Tonbridge in Kent on Sunday.
Chris Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) continued his dominance in open time trialling after setting a new course record of 18-44 near Tonbridge in Kent.
“Although a narrow margin of four seconds, the conditions were far from ideal for taking a new course record with blustery conditions and strong 20 plus mph winds,
“A better day could see the course record time drop even further,” said Fennell.
The previous course record had stood for 30 years after Colin Sturgess posted a time of 18.48 in 1988.
Fennell has been nothing short of his formidable best in recent months with his latest result being his 13th win of the year.
Unlike most events featuring Chris, elder brother Nic didn’t feature but Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com) did however and claimed second place with a time of 20-39.
Meilak has been a common feature alongside Fennell in the south of England and improved on last week’s third in the Medway Velo Club 50.
John Cockrill (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) took his fourth podium of 2018 after freezing the stopwatches on 20-57.
Cockrill squeaked ahead of fourth place to add to his record by the small margin of four seconds and will look to further improve his results in his upcoming races next month.
The women’s category wasn’t as clear cut with the margin of victory only being 15 seconds.
On this occasion, Natasha Jarman (Southborough & District Wheelers) emerged prosperous with the 37-year-old beating Debbie Percival in second.
Jarman finally stopped the rot, not that her record was bad in the first place with only two results outside the top-five, and secured a maiden victory of the season.
She clocked a time of 25-27 while Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) was second fastest with a time of 25-42.
In other categories, Matt Williams (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) took the prize for fastest junior as his time of 23-05 beat fellow junior Samuel Beadle (VC Londres) by two seconds.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Christopher Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) 18.44 CR
2. Andrew Meilak (VeloRefined.com) 20.39
3. John Cockrill (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 20.57
=4. Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com) 21.01
=4. Tom Rowing (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 21.01
6. Matt Kuwertz (Southborough & District Wheelers) 21.02
7. Alex Pearson (Woolwich CC) 21.04
8. Rob Stephenson (Southborough & District Wheelers) 21.06
9. Adrian Hawkins (Thanet RC) 21.07
10. Martin Jones (Gemini BC) 21.15
1. Natasha Jarman (Southborough & District Wheelers) 25.27
2. Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) 25.42
Junior: Matt Williams (Abellio – SFA Racing Team) 23.05
Veteran: Andrew Meilak