Andrew Horner (Team Salesengine) and Jenny Anderson (Great Yarmouth CC) were fastest male and female at the VTTA East Anglia 10-mile time trial in Norfolk on Saturday.
Horner, 41 and from Colchester in Essex, clocked 21-38 to take the win over Darren Bennett (Ely and District CC) by 40 seconds, while third spot went to Velo Schils-Interbike rider David Crisp who was another 29 seconds off the pace.
Meanwhile 61-year-old Jenny Anderson, the Great Yarmouth CC rider from Somerleyton near Lowestoft, was the fastest female with a time of 25-55 which was the fastest time she has done on this course for at least a couple of years.
The event was run off in pleasant warm conditions, with early clouds giving way to periods of sun, but a north westerly wind meant that many riders had to contend with a headwind on the way back.
Best of the veterans on standard was 72-year-old Chris Roberts (Team Pedal Revolution) with a plus of +6.01, while the best team on standard was the VC Baracchi trio of Chris Womack, John Swanbury and Allistair Banks who combined for a plus of +10.10.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Andrew Horner (Team Salesengine) 21.38
2. Darren Bennett (Ely and Dist CC) 22.18
3. David Crisp (Velo Schils-Interbike RT) 22.47
4. Lee Thomas (Team Bottrill) 22.54
5. Chris Dyason (Cambridge CC) 23.02
6. Jonathan Talbot (Wisbech Wheelers) 23.03
7. Chris Loveday (Ely and Dist CC) 23.19
8. Chris Roberts (Team Pedal Revolution) 23.25
9. Nigel Hodge (Tri Anglia Tri Club) 24.16
10. Bob Quarton (Wolsey RC) 24.35
Team on std: VC Baracchi (Chris Womack, John Swanbury, Allistair Banks) +10.10.
Veterans on std: Chris Roberts +6.01
Women: Jenny Anderson (Great Yarmouth CC) 25.55