Nick English (AeroCoach) was the only rider under 20 minutes on the F20/10 course near Hoddesdon in Hertfordshire, clocking 19.31 to win by over fifty seconds from his nearest rival.
He took the win ahead of Endeavour RT’s Alastair Luxford with 20.23, while Joe Gorman (Full Gas Racing Team) was third with 20.35.
Rachael Elliott (Newbury RC) comfortably took the women’s prize with 21.06.
With the threat of thunder and torrential rain just before the race, 18 riders opted not to take their start.
But those that chose to race were lucky to get a clear couple of hours between downpours, with a dry race and even some sun for a spell, according to organiser Paul Willis.
It was a step up for English who came second a week earlier in Hertfordshire Wheeler’s event on the same course. His time in that event was actually faster, with the ex-rower recording 19.14.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Nick English (AeroCoach) 19.31
2. Alastair Luxford (Endeavour RT) 20.23
3. Joe Gorman (Full Gas Racing Team) 20.35
4. Ian Greenstreet (Newbury RC) 20.39
5. William Wallace (CC London) 20.41
6. Peter Weir (AeroCoach) 20.42
7. Ralph Mullan (Shaftesbury CC) 21.03
8. Rachael Elliott (Newbury RC ) 21.06
9. Andrew Morris (CC London) 21.06
10. Edward Smith (Islington CC) 21.12