David Griffiths (Moriarty Bikes-Project GO) battled to his first victory of the season in Wales, recording a time of 19:45 to win the Sportsmaz 10-mile time trial near Abergavenny.
The 28-year-old had already recorded two podium finishes in his first two events this year but it proved third time lucky for the former Scottish Hill Climb champion.
Griffiths will be looking to add to his tally next week when he competes in the Frodsham Wheelers 22-mile time trial near Chester.
It was also a good day for Jo Buckland (Fulfil The Potential) who recorded the fastest time of any woman in the event.
The 52-year-old from Malmesbury had been the third fastest female in her only other event this season at the Salt and Sham CC 10-mile time trial.
Rachel Bridger was the only other woman in the event and she recorded a time of 26:13.
Owen Burgess (Newport Phoenix CC) took second spot with a time of 19:49, just four seconds slower than the winner. He won his only other start this season, the Cardiff 100 Miles RCC 10-mile time trial on New Year’s Day.
Anthony Jones (Towy Riders Cycle Club) made up the podium with a time of 20:49. That’s his second third-placed finished in as many events this season after he finished third in the Bynea CC 10-mile time trial on the 1st March.
The R10/17 course starts on the A40 near the Abergavenny Airstrip and heads east down to Raglan where it turns back on itself and heads back up the A40.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Tom Barrass.
1. David Griffiths (Moriarty Bikes-Project GO) 19:45
2. Owen Burgess (Newport Phoenix CC) 19:49
3. Anthony Jones (Towy Riders Cycle Club) 20:49
4. Simon Adcook (Team Bottrill) 21:01
5. Ben Phillips (Towy Riders Cycle Club) 22:00
6. Phil Willoughby (Towy Riders Cycle Club) 22:26
7. Darrel Williams (Bynea Cycling Club) 22:30
8. Craig Brindley (Cwmcarn Paragon Road Club) 22:41
9. Gareth Williams (Hereford & Dist Whs CC) 22:43
10. Martin Lines (Worcester St. Johns CC) 22:44
1. Jo Buckland (Fulfil The Potential) 23:22
2. Rachel Bridger (Ufit Tri Team) 26:13