The Team Backstedt Bike Performance duo of Dean Ware and Joshua Sandman proved to be the quickest pairing at the Port Talbot Wheelers 2-Up on the notoriously fast course in Rhigos in Wales on Sunday.
Their time of 48.37 was comfortably enough to put them on top of the podium and it was a great performance from Sandman who is still a junior.
Cycle Specific team of Philip Tucker and Lee Perrott second in 50.26. Cardiff JIF’s Andy Hoskins and Andy Davies completed the top three, stopping the clock at 51.09.
The fastest composite team and the first team with a veteran rider was that of Anthony Jones of Towy Racing Cycling Club and Luke Cornish Cwmcarn Paragon Road Club who completed in 51.13, narrowly missing out on the top three.
The only all-female team of the competition, Jasmine Bowyer (Cardiff Ajax CC) and Laura Clements (Cardiff Triathletes) finished 34 out of 57 teams overall in 58.59.
The highest-placed mixed male and female team was that of Gareth Pymm and Stephanie Post (Team Bottrill – Vanguard) who were fifth in 51.32.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Dean Ware and Joshua Sandman (Team Backstedt Bike Performance) 48.37
2. Philip Tucker and Lee Perrott (Cycle Specific) 50.26
3. Andy Hoskins and Andy Davies (Cardiff Jif) 51.09
4. Anthony Jones (Towy Racing Cycling Club) and Luke Cornish (Cwmcarn Paragon Road Club) 51.13
5 Gareth Pymm and Stephanie Post (Team Bottrill – Vanguard) 51.32
6 Pierre Scrase (Baines Racing) and Frank Kilsby (Velo Club St Raphael) 52.30