Sally Turner led by a considerable margin in the women’s event as Chris McNamara found his way back to the winner’s step this season with wins in the Crawley Wheelers 10 near Steyning on Saturday.
McNamara (Nuun-Sigma Sport) ended a run of five events without a win with a telling victory of 37 seconds.
The 44-year-old veteran started last and when he crossed the finish line he was the clear winner and the only rider to dip below the 20-minute mark in great conditions as he clocked 19-49 in his fourth triumph on record this year.
Matthew Smith (Team ASL) equalled his best placing of the year so far in second, and his best finish over the ten-mile distance. Smith crossed the line with a time of 20-26 ahead of the Trainsharp duo of Conall Yates and Peter Tadros.
The pairing were both timed at 20-46 to share the bottom step of the podium in third which could nearly have been a trio with Kevin Nelson (Crawley Wheelers) only three seconds behind.
One Trainsharp rider that secured their placing convincingly was Sally Turner in the women’s category.
A regular amongst the top three in events ridden, Turner had been a winner only once in her eight events this season but a time of 22-22 was more than enough to double her tally.
Turner’s time was nearly two minutes ahead of Georgie Little (N+1 Lindfield Coffee Works) and Katie Simmonds (Horsham Cycling) who finished second and third respectively.
Little clocked 24-17 with Simmonds a further twelve seconds behind in 24-29.
With three riders in the top ten overall including father and son Peter and Theo Tadros, Trainsharp took the team prize.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Chris McNamara (Nuun-Sigma Sport) 19.49
2. Matthew Smith (Team ASL) 20.26
=3. Conall Yates (trainSharp) 20.46
=3. Peter Tadros (trainSharp) 20.46
5. Kevin Nelson (Crawley Wheelers) 20.49
6. Mark Bashford (East Grinstead CC) 20.54
7. Dan Pullen (N+1 Lindfield Coffee Works) 21.15
8. Kevin Plummer (South Downs Bikes) 21.20
9. Theo Tadros (trainSharp) 21.22
10. Stuart Stow (Twickenham CC) 21.29
1. Sally Turner (trainSharp) 22.22
2. Georgie Little (N+1 Lindfield Coffee Works) 24.17
3. Katie Simmonds (Horsham Cycling) 24.29