Ross Fawcett and Denise Hurren topped the podium as fastest male and female respectively at the Stowmarket & District CC 10-mile time trial that took place near Campsey Ash in Suffolk on Sunday morning.
Hurren (Team Velovelocity) finished her run with a time of 24-14 to finish top of the pile in the women’s event.
The Team Velovelocity rider adds this victory to the one she achieved at the Godric CC 10 in mid-June. She was also victorious at the Great Yarmouth CC 25 in May and will be looking to continue her rich vein of form over the remaining months of the open season.
Ross Fawcett (Pedal Power Cycles Ipswich) finished his run with a time of 20-19 to top the podium in the men’s event respectively.
This was Fawcett’s first victory on record of the open season, although he finished second at the Plomesgate CC 10 in March.
The 27-year-old will be hoping to ride well over the coming weeks in preparation for the National 10-mile Championship which he is scheduled to ride at on August 31.
Simon Hance (Stowmarket & District CC) finished in second after finishing his run with a time of 20-23. Stuart Fairweather (Team Velovelocity) finished third after clocking a time of 20-25.
Team Velovelocity (Denise Hurren, Stuart Fairweather and Paul Jay) claimed the team prize after finishing with a combined time of 65-48.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Ross Fawcett (Pedal Power Cycles Ipswich) 20-19
2. Simon Hance (Stowmarket & District CC) 20-23
3. Stuart Fairweather (Team Velovelocity) 20-25
4. Andy Proffitt (Ipswich CC) 20-35
5. Matt O’Brien (Plomesgate CC) 21-06
6. Paul Jay (Team Velovelocity) 21-09
7. James Potter (Ipswich BC) 21-32
8. Peter Kerry (Ipswich Velo) 21-37
9. Matt Jacobs (Plomesgate CC) 21-46
=10. Keith Randle (Amis Velo Racing Team) 21-55
=10. Simon Daw (Datalynx-Paranesis Cycling) 21-55
1. Denise Hurren (Team Velovelocity) 24-14
2. Kerry Tate (Newmarket Cycling & Tri Club) 24-35