Marcin Bialoblocki broke the 100-mile national competition record as he secured victory in the East District CA Championship in Norfolk on Sunday.
Adam Duggleby’s previous record stood at 3-16-51 which was set back in 2017 but Bialoblocki smashed that by over three minutes, setting a new record time of 3-13-37.
“I’m very happy – it’s been a goal of mine for a while so it’s good to finally get it,” said NOPINZ rider Bialoblocki.
With Marcin in a class of his own, it was left for the rest of the field to fight amongst themselves with John Wingfield (Team Signum) emerging in second place.
Wingfield clocked a time of 3-26-49 in what was his first open 100-mile time trial to date.
Tom Thornely (Buxton CC) finished on the podium for a second consecutive event after a string of placings outside the top ten. This would be his best 100-mile placing since the 2018 running of this event where he finished sixth – a year on, a third place as well as a time improvement of nearly a minute is a good sign for Tom.
Drag2Zero rider Kimberley Morrison finished second in this event last year to her formidable team-mate Alice Lethbridge. However she improved her time much like Thornely from 3-44-50 to 3-44-06 this time out, good enough for victory.
This is Morrison’s first event on record this season and should it be her actual first open event this season, she looks to be in good form for the coming months.
Her team-mate Vicky Gill finished on the podium once again as she finished only six seconds behind in 3-44-12 while Becky Taylor (Wisbech Wheelers) was third in 3-57-56.
More competition records fell on a quick day with Vive Le Velo duo Adam Duggleby and Darren Yarwood shaving over 30 seconds off the tandem men’s record; the new one stands at 3-17-51.
And Becky and Howard Lewis (Mid Shropshire Wheelers) broke the mixed tandem competition record as they clocked a time of 3-32-02.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Marcin Bialoblocki (NOPINZ) 3:13.37 Comp Record
2. John Wingfield (Team Signum) 3:26.23
3. Tom Thornely (Buxton CC) 3:34.15
4. Alan Murchison (Drag2Zero) 3:36.49
1. Kimberley Morrison (Drag2Zero) 3:44.06
2. Vicky Gill (Drag2Zero) 3:44.12
3. Becky Taylor (Wisbech Wheelers) 3:57.56
1. A Duggleby/D Yarwood (Vive Le Velo) 3:17.51 Comp Record – Men
2. A Broyad/T Bayley (Arctic Aircon RT) 3:29.35
3. B Lewis/H Lewis (Mid Shropshire Wheelers) 3:32.02 Comp Record – Mixed