David Mead and Liz Powell were the fastest male and female respectively at the Coventry CC 10-mile time trail that took place in Warwickshire on Saturday morning.
Mead clocked a time of 20-08 to clinch the top step on the podium. This was the Race Rapid rider’s first open victory of the season after achieving a fourth-place finish at the Stratford CC 10 in April.
The 42-year-old is next due to compete at the Bromsgrove Olympique CC 10 next weekend, where he will hope to add another victory to his record.
Liz Powell (DRAG2ZERO) clocked a time of 22-30 to set the fastest time by any female rider on the day.
Andy Jackson (Aero Coach) finished his run with a time of 20-21 to claim the second spot on the podium.
The reigning National 24-hour Champion was last victorious at the Burton and District CA 25 in mid-April. Jackson is set to ride at the South Pennine RC 25 next weekend which takes place near Hilton in Derbyshire.
James Perkins (Race Hub) was the man to finish in third after clocking a time of 20-30.
The out and back course had the riders start and finish near Thurlaston, just outside Coventry. The course saw the riders navigate themselves along the A45 before making a turn at Ryton-on-Dunsmore and make their way back along the same route to the finish.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. David Mead (Race Rapid) 20-08
2. Andy Jackson (AeroCoach) 20-21
3. James Perkins (Race Hub) 20-30
4. David Kiernan (Race Rapid) 21-04
5. Sean Vincent (Race Hub) 21-08
6. Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) 21-22
7. William Barr (University of Bristol CC) 21-32
8. Simon Smart (DRAG2ZERO) 21-50
9. Jon Simpkins (DRAG2ZERO) 21-51
=10 Leigh Smith (JCA Equipe Velo) 22-00
=10 Anthony Harris (Mercedes AMG Petronas CC) 22-00
1. Liz Powell (DRAG2ZERO) 22-30
2. April Tracey (Brother UK Fusion RT) 22-44