Keiron Davies and Andrea Parish took men’s and women’s victories in the Bynea CC 50-mile time trial just outside Glynneath on Sunday morning.
Welsh national 10 and 25-mile champion Keiron Davies (Drag2Zero) powered to a good win by a margin of over five minutes, clocking 1-40-45 to secure the win on the little more than undulating circuit.
The Drag2Zero rider’s pace could not be matched but home club cyclist Christopher Gibbard was the closest anyone came.
Gibbard (Bynea CC) improved on a string of third place results and posted a 1-45-59 to take his podium tally to an impressive nine so far in 2018, falling short just once.
Another rider to improve from recent form was Dean Ware (Team Backstedt) – the 36-year-old traversed the hilly terrain, clocking 1-49-58 to give Ware what may be only his second podium finish of the season.
Andrea Parish (VeloSistas TT Team) was the quickest female in the 50-mile event and took the victory in impressive fashion with the 50-year-old going over seven minutes clear of second-placed Virginia McGee (Charlottesville CC) with a time of 2-09-03.
In other categories, Anthony Jones (Towy Racing CC) was the fastest veteran on standard going +26-12 better than standard with a time of 1-51-40.
The trio of Christopher Gibbard, James Best and Guy Rees helped home club Bynea CC secure the team prize.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Keiron Davies (Drag2Zero) 1:40.45
2. Chris Gibbard (Bynea CC) 1:45.59
3. Dean Ware (Team Backstedt) 1:49.58
4. Luke Cornish (Cwmcarn Paragon RC) 1:51.16
5. Joseph Beech (Ogmore Valley Wheelers) 1:51.18
6. Anthony Jones (Towy Racing CC) 1:51.40
1. Andrea Parish (VeloSistas TT Team) 2:09.03
2. Virginia McGee (Charlottesville CC) 2:16.59
Vet+: Anthony Jones +26.12
Team: Bynea CC (Gibbard, Best, Rees)