There were deserved wins for Darryl Wall and Karen Ledger in the Bolsover and District CC 10-mile time trial in North Nottinghamshire on Saturday.
Wall, the 42-year-old Out of the Saddle CC rider from Sheffield, was the only rider to go under the 20-minute mark, clocking 19.58 for the O10/5 course near Cuckney. That gave him the win by just seven seconds from Richard Dean (Cyclomania), while Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) was another 23 seconds back in third.
Team Bottrill-Vanguard rider Karen Ledger was the fastest female, the 45-year-old clocking 22-17.
It was Wall’s first open win of the 2018 season so far and comes after a previous best this season of seventh in the Rutland CC 17.2-mile event last month. He was second in the 2017 Bolsover TT when he finished just nine seconds behind Ian Guilor but he was much improved this time out on a warm and reasonable still day.
And for Ledger, the win is the latest in a string of good results from the Sheffield-based rider.
She has now been fastest female in eight open events this season, having won the Nottingham Clarion 50 earlier this month, the Mapperley CC 10 and VTTA Notts and East Midlands 10 in May, as well as the Burton & Dist CA 10, VTTA 10 and BDCA 25 in April, while her first win of the season came in march when she was fastest woman in the City Road Club (Hull)10.
The O10/5 course starts just to the south of Cuckney before heading up the A60 to the junction with the A619 near Worksop, then retracing back down to the finish point just north of Cuckney.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Darryl Wall (Out of the Saddle CC) 19.58
2. Richard Dean (Cyclomania) 20.05
3. Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) 20.28
4. Liam Bromiley (Sheffrec CC) 20.31
5. Andy Turner (Team Bottrill) 20.50
6. Chris Ledger (Team Bottrill) 20.57
7. Keith Ainsworth (Sheffrec CC) 21.06
8. Pete Laud (Common Lane Occasionals) 21.13
9. James Bell (Rutland CC) 21.19
10. Dan Lowthorpe (Rutland CC0 21.20
Women: Karen Ledger (Team Bottrill-Vanguard) 22.17