Chris Fennell won the 25-mile VTTA Kent event on Sunday but couldn’t quite beat his own course record in the heat.
The 21-year-old Thanet RC rider had previously set a record of 50.05 but came up just short this time around with a time of 50.18.
Many riders got new best times on the course and there were some great rides in amongst the results.
Coming second was John Cockrill of Abellio San Fairy Ann RT who stopped the clock at 53.07.
The podium was completed by Andrew Meilak (Velorefined.com Aerosmiths) who also walked away with the veteran prize with a time of 53.23.
Meliak was comfortable in third place with fourth-placed rider Nick Fennell (Thanet RC) 1.11 down. In sixth place with 55.26 was 18-year-old Dan Martin, a local rider who rides for the Bath university team. Fastest juvenile was Matt Williams, just 15, of Abellio SFA RT in 1:01.19.
Helen Mckay was the fastest woman on the day, the Les Filles RT rider making it round in a very quick 59.24.
She was a comfortable winner with Barbara Wiles of San Fairy Ann CC coming home in 1:07.25. Barbara’s team mate, Emma Juden was third in 1:08.48.
There was also a tandem team who completed the course, John and Kate Bosley (Abellio SFA RT) finishing in 1:01.22.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Chris Fennell (Thanet RC) 50.18
2. John Cockrill (Abellio SFA RT) 53.07
3. Andrew Meilak (Velorefined.com Aerosmiths) 53.23
4. Nick Fennell (Thanet RC)54.34
5. Paul Sewell (Bigfoot CC) 55.25
6. Dan Martin (University of Bath CC) 55.26
7. Simon Henderson (Thanet RC) 56.03
8. John Osborn (Folkestone VC) 56.33
9. Tim Kingston (GS Invicta) 56.38
10. Gary Grahams (CC Bexley) 57.18
Espoir: Chris Fennell
Juvenile: Matt Williams (Abellio SFA RT) 1:01.19
Veteran: Andrew Meliak
Tandem: John and Kate Bosley (Abellio SFA RT) 1:01.22
1. Helen Mckay (Les Filles RT) 59.24
2. Barbara Wiles (San Fairy Ann CC) 1:07.25
3. Emma Juden (San Fairy Ann CC) 1:08.48