John Dewey smashed Adam Topham’s course record to take home the Wilkinson Sword Trophy after winning the High Wycombe CC 25-mile event on Sunday.
The Team Bottrill rider is in red hot form and sliced an incredible 1.12 off Topham’s record to win.
In second place was veteran rider James Rix who is enjoying a successful first season in competitive cycling.
The Crawley Wheelers rider won the Southern Counties CU 10 on Saturday and followed it up with this ride to place as quickest veteran in 48.42.
Liam Maybank, who won the event last year, finished third in 49.07 for Twickenham CC. The women’s prize went to Kate Allen of Drag2Zero with a time of 53.54.
Conditions on the day were not perfect with a strong breeze blowing over the riders. But despite this, there were some fantastic rides.
The trophy taken home by the winner is a large stainless steel sword mounted on wood with all the previous winners added to it. It has a rich history with Eddie Adkins and Chris Boardman both featuring.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. John Dewey (Team Bottrill HSS Hire) 47.35
2. James Rix (Crawley Wheelers) 48.42
3. Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC) 49.07
4. Peter Lawrence (Team Bottrill HSS Hire) 51.00
5. Harold Bradbury (University of Cambridge CC) 51.54
6. Oli Hucks (High Wycombe CC) 52.07
7. Richard Gildea (Didcot Phoenix CC) 52.19
8. Nicolas Stag (Hounslow and District Wheelers) 53.23
9. Malcom Rose (Oxonian CC) 53.28
10. Thomas Doran hemel hemstead cc 53.31
Woman: Kate Allen (Drag2zero) 53.54