Louise Robinson and Timothy Torrie were fastest female and male riders at the Essex Roads CC time trial on Sunday, which used an amended course over a shortened 24.8 miles due to roadworks.
Robinson, of the promoting club, covered the course near Birch in 1-01-46 and was fastest of the females by around five and a half minutes, while Hilary Briggs (Serpentine Running Club) was second and Rachel Pearsons (Born2Tri) was third.
Torrie’s time of 51-11 gave the trainSharp Development Team rider victory by 3-44 from Paul Turton (Team Vision Racing), with third spot going to Sebastian Harrison (Islington CC) who was 6-28 behind the pace set by in-form Torrie.
The handicap prize went to Maldon and District CC rider Adrian Tovey in 44-44, while Giles Askham (Colchester Rovers CC) was 1-19 behind in second.
Despite temporary traffic lights forcing organisers to change course slightly it was a sunny morning with only a moderate wind.
This was win number four in open events for Torrie this season, having previously won the Eastern Counties CA 10 last month as well as the Finsbury Park CC 25 and King’s Lynn CC 25 in April.
He is next due to be riding at the Hart Performance Coaching 10 next Saturday, while he has entered the National 10-Mile Championship next month.
Louise Robinson’s win in the women’s event is the latest of several strong rides this season, including victory at the Colchester Rovers CC 47-miler in June, as well as second spot at last weekend’s VTTA London and Home Counties 10.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Timothy Torrie (trainSharp Development Team) 51.11
2. Paul Turton (Team Vision Racing) 54.55
3. Sebastian Harrison (Islington CC) 57.39
4. Phil Paterson (Stomp the Pedal) 58.15
5. Rob Chaplin (East London Velo) 58.44
6. Simon Higgs (Essex Roads CC) 58.59
1. Louise Robinson (Essex Roads CC) 1:01.46
2. Hilary Briggs (Serpentine Running Club) 1:07.23
3. Rachel Pearsons (Born2Tri) 1:08.54
1. Adrian Tovey (Maldon & Dist CC) 44.44
2. Giles Askham (Colchester Rovers CC) 46.03