Eddie Allen (Redmon CC) topped the podium as the fastest overall rider at the Southern Counties CA hardriders 21-mile time trial that took place near Bletchingly in Surrey on Sunday morning.
Allen adds this victory to the second place that he achieved yesterday at the Farnborough & Camberley CC 10 to get his season off to an excellent start.
The Redmon CC rider will be hoping that his winning form can continue over the coming weeks as he is set to ride at the Southern Counties CU 10 and 25 next weekend.
Mark Smith (Crawley Wheelers) finished his run 16 seconds slower than Allen to claim the second step on the podium. Smith adds this second place to the one he achieved last weekend at the Dorking CC East Surrey hardriders 29.9.
The 46-year-old, who finished second at the National 12-hour Championship in 2019, will be hoping to continue his good form in to next weekend as he is also set to ride at both the Southern Counties CU 10 and 25 next weekend.
Colin McDermott (Festival Road Club) completed the podium makeup after clocking a time of 54-21 to finish third respectively.
This was McDermott’s first podium finish of the open season with rider finishing ninth at the Dorking CC 29.9 last weekend.
The GS/334 course was described by race organisers as hilly and slippery in places with a few pot holes and broken road surfaces for the riders to navigate their way around over the 21-miles.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Eddie Allen (Redmon CC) 52.25
2. Mark Smith (Crawley Wheelers) 52.41
3. Colin McDermott (Festival Road Club) 54.21
4. Dale Lush (Kingston Phoenix RC) 54.46
5. Lee Davies (London Dynamo) 55.59
6. Adrian Blacker (C and N Cycles RT) 57.20
7. Tim Moody (Addiscombe CC) 57.22
8. Dylan Green (Bigfoot CC) 58.04
9. James Griffin (TrainSharp) 59.49
10. Gavin Hughes (Kingston Phoenix) 1:00.58