Corinne Clarke and Josh Griffiths were the fastest female and male riders respectively at the Bristol South CC 50-mile time trial that took place near Malmesbury in Wiltshire on Sunday morning.
Clarke (Vitfor OTE) set a new women’s course record as she powered to victory with a time of 2-12-25. Emily Walton (Beeston Cycling Club) finished second in the women’s event with a time of 2-17-18.
Josh Griffiths (Bikestrong-KTM) topped the standings in the men’s event as he finished his run with a time of 1-59-54.
This was Griffiths’ first victory of the open season although he has achieved numerous podium finishes, most notably finishing third at the Bristol South CC 25 at the end of March.
He was last victorious at the Salt and Sham CC 10 in February 2018.
Luke Smith (Bristol South CC) finished his run with a time of 2-01-53 to claim the second step of the podium.
This was Smith’s first podium finish of the open season with his last victory coming at the Bristol South CC 50 in 2018.
He is next due to ride at the West Wales 100 next weekend and will be hoping to continue his good form.
Daniel Kempe finished in third after clocking a time of 2-07-34 after his 50 miles.
The course saw the riders start and finish near Malmesbury before navigating their way around the 50-mile course passing through Charlton, Green Hill and Little Somerford before making their way to the finish.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Josh Griffiths (Bikestrong – KTM) 1-59-54
2. Luke Smith (Bristol South CC) 2-01-53
3. Daniel Kempe (Bristol South CC) 2-07-34
4. Chris Broad Drake (Swindon Road Club) 2-08-26
1. Corinne Clarke (Vitfor OTE) 2-12-25
2. Emily Walton (Beeston CC) 2-17-18
3. Georgina Crawshaw (Zoot Athlos RT)