James Rix and Joscelin Lowden were the fastest male and female respectively at the Horsham Cycling 10-mile time trial that took place near Steyning in West Sussex on Saturday morning.
Lowden (The Independent Pedaler) clocked a time of 21-31 to finish as the fastest female but also achieve an impressive sixth place overall finish.
The 32-year-old has been in impressive form in recent months and adds this victory to her record. She was last victorious at the East Sussex CA 25 at the end of April, following which she was out of action for a time following a crash in the Tour of California which left her with a broken arm and separated shoulder.
James Rix (Team Bottrill) clocked a time of 19-44 as he set the fastest time by any rider on the day. Christopher McNamara (Nuun-Sigma Sport-London RT) was just three seconds behind Rix to finish second on the podium.
McNamara was last victorious at the VTTA Surrey 10 at the end of April and will be looking to continue his good form over the coming weeks as he is set to ride at the Crawley Wheelers 10 on the sixth of July.
Matthew Smith (Team ASL) was the man to finish in third after finishing his run with a time of 20-28.
Smith last achieved a podium finish at the Addiscombe CC 25 in mid-May and is next set to ride at the Hampshire Road Club 25 next weekend, where he will be ho
ping to secure another good finish.
The out and back course saw the riders start and finish just outside Steyning on the A283.
The course then saw the riders head south through Steyning, Bramber and Upper Breeding before making a turn and heading back along the same route to finish.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
* Photos by Dale Baldwin.
1. James Rix (Team Bottrill) 19-44
2. Christopher McNamara (Nuun-Sigma Sport-London RT) 19-47
3. Matthew Smith (Team ASL) 20-28
4. David Triska (Team Bottrill) 21-00
5. James Mapley (Blazing Saddles) 21-14
6. Joscelin Lowden (The Independent Pedaler) 21-31
7. Stuart Stow (Twickenham CC) 21-33
8. Dan Pullen (N+1- Lindfield Coffee Works) 21-40
9. Colin Harrison (East Grinstead CC) 21-42
10. Connor Murphy (trainSharp) 21-52
Women: Joscelin Lowden