If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the pre-race favourites for next weekend’s National Championship, Rebecca Richardson stormed to victory in the Drighlington BC hill-climb of Scotchman Lane near Batley, while Jude Taylor (Cycles in Motion) was fastest man.
Richardson, the 33-year-old Brother.UK-Fusion rider from Llanfyllin in Wales, clocked 3-19.3 to place ninth overall and finish as fastest female by around 19 seconds.
It was her ninth victory in nine hill-climbs ridden so far this season. Second spot went to her new team-mate Lucy Lee, while VC Melyd rider Janet Burthem was third.
Jude Taylor (Cycles in Motion) secured his seventh victory on his CTT record in hill-climbs with an impressive time of 2-45.0, giving him the overall win by 8.6 seconds from Nathan Smith (Wold Top The Edge RT), while Rick Bailey (Cycles in Motion) was another six seconds back in third.
Taylor was due to ride the North Lancashire RC 1,600-yard climb of Nick O’Pendle on Sunday, before his final climb of the year at the National Champs on October 27.
And Richardson’s build-up to the nationals continued on Sunday too, having chosen to ride the Chesterfield Coureurs climb of Beeley Moor, a 2.31-mile course in Derbyshire.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Jude Taylor (Cycles in Motion) 2:45.0
2. Nathan Smith (Wold Top The Edge RT) 2:53.6
3. Rick Bailey (Cycles in Motion) 2:59.3
4. Matthew Cleave (Hopey Bicycle Repairs) 3:03.3
5. Callum Dixon (Go Below-Kingud) 3:04.2
6. George Peden (Univ of Leeds CC) 3:09.0
7. Toby Williams (Velotik RT) 3:15.3
8. Dave Diston (Muckle CC) 3:17.1
9. Rebecca Richardson (Brother.UK-Fusion) 3:19.3
10. Christopher Peach (Ilkeston CC) 3:27.5
1. Rebecca Richardson (Brother.UK-Fusion) 3:19.3
2. Lucy Lee (Brother.UK-Fusion) 3:38.6
3. Janet Burthem (VC Melyd) 4:10.2