Fiona Sharp was fastest female, while Simon Beldon returned with his first finish since his return from serious injury as both won the VTTA Yorkshire 10 on Saturday in Gilberdyke, East Yorkshire.
After suffering serious injuries in a collision with a car earlier this year, Simon Beldon (Team Bottrill) had hoped to have completed an open event by now, and even with his timetable pushed back, the wait will have been worth it.
Leeds-based Beldon clocked a time of 20-15 and managed to stave off the remaining 20 or so riders confirming his time as the quickest.
He also managed second place on the standard time leaderboard, falling 27 seconds shy of South Pennine RC rider Ron Hallam’s time of +7-01.
In the actual time standings, Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) was next best behind Beldon with a time of 20-35 and also finished third in the standard timings.
Barnsley-based Richard Dean (Rockingham CC) completed the major placings in third as the 40-year-old clocked 20-48.
The women’s category came down to the finest of margins as Fiona Sharp (Team Swift) edged Sarah Lewthwaite (Team Sportslab) by a second.
Sharp started a minute ahead of Lewthwaite, powering around the circuit on a blustery day and proceeding to pump in a new course record of 23-19.
She only had to wait one minute and a second after finishing to find Lewthwaite just missing out and her winning position virtually assured.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Simon Beldon (Team Bottrill) 20.15
2. Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) 20.35
3. Richard Dean (Rockingham CC) 20.48
4. Mark Wolstenholme (Team Swift) 21.06
5. Andy Thomas (Lindsey Roads CC) 21.11
6. Neil Parkin (Team Bottrill) 21.12
7. Ciaran Pickering (Team Sportslab) 21.42
8. Rob Hill (Team Sportslab) 21.54
9. Adam Hardy (Team Sportslab) 21.57
10. Matthew Asquith (Team Sportslab) 22.05
1. Fiona Sharp (Team Swift) 23.19 (course record)
2. Sarah Lewthwaite (Team Sportslab) 23.20
Veterans on Standard:
1. Ron Hallam (South Pennine RC) +7.01
2. Simon Beldon (Team Bottrill) +6.34
3. Ian Guilor (Mapperley CC) +6.23