Chris Fennell and Emma Lewis added yet more victories to their records at the VTTA Kent 10-mile time trial that took place near Ham Street in Kent on Saturday morning.
Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) clocked a time of 18-34 to top the podium and clinch the top prize. The 23-year-old was last victorious at the Thanet RC 25 at the end of June and most recently achieved an excellent second place finish at the National 50-mile Championship at the end of last month.
Fennell is next set to ride at the National 25-Mile Championship and will be hoping to repeat the same level of performance that he achieved in the 50.
Nicholas Fennell (Thanet RC) was the man to finish in second after finishing his run with a time of 20-02.
The Thanet RC rider was last victorious at the VTTA Kent 10 at the end of June and also topped the standings at the De Laune CC 10 in mid-May.
The 26-year-old will be looking to continue his excellent form over the coming weeks and add more positive results to his personal record.
Emma Lewis (The Independent Pedaler) finished her run with an excellent time of 20-36 to finish in third place over and top the standings in the women’s event respectively.
The time trialling ace was last victorious at the National 50-mile Championship and will be looking to continue her excellent form into next weekend.
Lewis will be hoping to top the standings next weekend at the National 25-mile Championship which takes place near Etwall in Derbyshire.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. Christopher Fennell (The Independent Pedaler) 18-34
2. Nicholas Fennell (Thanet RC) 20-02
3. Emma Lewis (The Independent Pedaler) 20-36
4. Tom Hilder (trainSharp) 20-54
5. Max Doxey (Abellio – SFA RT) 21-22
6. Mark Baker (Abellio – SFA RT) 21-24
7. Adrian Hawkins (Thanet RC) 21-34
8. Anthony Bee (Wigmore CC) 21-39
9. John Franklin (Twickenham CC) 21-42
10. James Ashburnham (Rye and District Whs) 21-51