If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Evans and wife Jessica sealed convincing victories in the Otley CC two-stage hill-climb near Norwood Edge on Saturday morning.
Current national hill-climb champion Dan Evans (ASSOS Equipe UK) produced another fine display to seal victory by 3.4 seconds.
The first of the two stages took part on Guise Cliff which was narrowly won by Dan in 3-08.4. Evans assured the timekeepers had no doubts of the eventual winner, taking the second stage on Norwood Edge by 2.2 seconds to equal a combined time of 08-04.4.
Having previously been unable to ride and defend his national title this year, Evans may have benefitted from the recent course change to Stocksbridge near Sheffield and the win will be good preparation towards retaining his crown should he choose to ride.
Jessica Evans (ASSOS Equipe UK), Dan’s spouse and team-mate, sealed a household triumph as she came top in the women’s category by a sizeable margin.
Over the two courses, Jessica eked out a gap of 1-02.4 to her nearest category counterpart.
Much like husband Dan, she won both stages of the event to post an overall time of 11-07.2.
Jessica will look to go for her maiden national hill-climb victory in two weeks’ time.
Back in the men’s section, Andrew Feather (BCR Racing) was the closest anyone got to Dan Evans as he posted a time of 08-07.8.
Feather has produced a fine record and will be looking to compete in the upcoming nationals – Saturday’s event is only the second time this season the 33-year-old has failed to finish first.
Kieran Savage (Cycling Sheffield-Giant) took the last step of the podium with an accumulated time of 08-32.2.
Gemma Hobson (Sussex Nomads CC) and Anna Weaver (NJC – Biemme-Echelon) were second and third placed women respectively with times of 12-09.6 and 12-35.8.
Quickest juvenile on the hill was George Radcliffe of home club Otley CC who finished 14th in 10-27.4.
At the other end of the age classes, Nick Addy (Valley Striders CC) took the veteran prize with a time of 10-51.6.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Dan Evans (ASSOS Equipe UK) 8:04.4
2. Andrew Feather (BCR Racing) 8:07.8
3. Kieran Savage (Cycling Sheffield) 8:32.2
4. Patrick Clark (Team B38) 8:35.0
5. Jacob Vezey (Harrogate Nova CC) 8:56.4
6. Rick Bailey (Team B38) 8:58.2
7. Michael Harris (HD Revolutions) 9:16.8
8. Freddie Jagger (Team B38) 9:20.0
9. Sam Ward (Otley CC) 9:26.0
10. Mark Jagger (Harrogate Nova CC) 9:38.0
1. Jessica Evans (ASSOS Equipe UK) 11:07.2
2. Gemma Hobson (Sussex Nomads CC) 12.09.6
3. Anna Weaver (NJC – Biemme-Echelon) 12:35. 8
Veteran: Nick Addy (Valley Striders CC) 10:51.6
Juvenile: George Radcliffe (Otley CC) 10:27. 4