Natasha Jarman (Southborough & District Wheelers) and Robert Moore (Nuun-Sigma Sport London RT) pedalled their way to comfortable victories in the male and female categories at the De Laune CC’s 10-mile time trial in Kent.
Both riders set their stalls out and managed to take victory by clear margins of up to two minutes, impressive in a short 10-mile time trial.
Robert Moore (Nuun-Sigma Sport-London RT), originally from Southampton but now living in London, took the men’s prize by 1-44 ahead of Martin Jones (Gemini BC) posting a time of 20-41 in the process.
The ride is the best finish so far in 2018 for the 35-year-old after a fourth place in the Velo Club St Raphael 16.5-mile event back in February.
Martin Jones (Gemini BC) also improved on a fourth place from earlier this month. His time of 22-25 wasn’t enough to trouble Moore on Saturday but was very much comfortable in his second place as he finished 52 seconds ahead of third.
Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com Aerosmiths) edged his way into the top three which was hotly contested with five riders all finishing within 42 seconds of each other.
Unlike men’s winner Robert Moore, Natasha Jarman (Southborough & District Wheelers) went over two-minutes faster than the nearest competitor – ultimately beating Nicola Goodban (Thanet RC) by 2-19.
Jarman crossed the line in 24-19, a time that was good enough to see her place 11th in a field of 39 finishers and improve on her fifth place from last week’s Catford CC 10.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Robert Moore (Nuun-Sigma Sport-London RT) 20.41
2. Martin Jones (Gemini BC) 22.25
3. Pete Elms (VeloRefined.com Aerosmiths) 23.17
4. Scott Meeks (Thanet RC) 23.33
5. Rob Kennison (Medway Velo Club) 23.47
6. Keith Brown (VO2 Maximum RT) 23.58
7. Sam Day (CS Grupetto) 23.59
8. John Glaysher (a3crg) 24.09
9. Rory Hopcraft (MedwayTri) 24.10
10. Alex Woolley (Sheppey Velo) 24.18
1. Natasha Jarman (Southborough & Dist Wh) 24.19
2. Nicola Goodban (Thanet RC) 26.38
3. Debbie Percival (Kent Velo Girls/Boys) 27.41
Veterans: Martin Jones