If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Thirling led the way as he won the 23-mile Adept Cycling time trial held in Bishopton on Sunday, clocking a time of 52.20.
In a field heavy on veteran riders, experience proved to be key for the Hartlepool CC rider as he took top spot from second placed Steve Gibson by a margin of 46 seconds.
Peak RC’s Gibson is also a veteran and beat the only senior rider in the top ten, Richard Lilleker, to the runner-up prize by 29 seconds. Gibson completed in 53.36, Lilleker in 54.05.
The sporting course saw 25 riders finish in good conditions and the fastest woman on the day was Lou Hamilton of Mountain Goat Coaching in 1:05.27.
Taking second place on the women’s podium was Caroline Ratcliff of Ferryhill Wheelers in 1:08.38 and third was Jo Short (Darlington CC) in 1:11.24.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Paul Thirling (Hartlepool CC) 52.50
2. Steve Gibson (Peak RC) 53.36
3. Richard Lilleker (Cleveland Wheelers) 54.05 senior
4. Ian Taylor (Blumilk.com) 55.13
5. Paul Fountain (Hartlepool CC) 55.20
6. Paul Felce (Adept Cycling) 55.32
7. Mark Brearton (Wigan Wheelers) 56.05
8. Russ Richardson (Teesdale CRC) 56.16
9. Gray Walker (VTTA North) 56.18
10. Chris Wood (TS Racing Team) 56.26
1. Lou Hamilton (Mountain Goat Coaching) 1:05.27
2. Caroline Ratcliff (Ferryhill Wheelers) 1:08.38
3. Jo Short (Darlington CC) 1:11.24