David Langlands (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) rode to victory on Saturday in the 25-mile time trial event just outside of Newmarket, while multiple national champion and record holder Alice Lethbridge (DRAG2ZERO) stormed to victory in the women’s category.
52-year-old Langlands clocked a time of 47-10 to leave 2017 winner Stuart Travis (Team Bottrill-Vanguard) in second spot this time.
Travis was only 15 seconds off the pace, posting a time of 47-16 which saw Team Bottrill/Vanguard have a prosperous day securing the 1-2 finish.
Adam Duggleby (Vive Le Velo) made sure that it wouldn’t become a 1-2-3 for Team Bottrill with a time of 47-45.
Behind 33-year-old Lethbridge, Vicky Gill made it another 1-2 finish but in the women’s class for the DRAG2ZERO team and crossed the line in 54-04. Lethbridge’s time was the ninth fastest time ever on record, although she has gone faster having clocked 50-20 on the same course last year.
In other categories, race winner David Langlands was fastest veteran with James Rix (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) and Mark Jones (DRAG2ZERO) filling the top three for veteran men.
The crown for fastest female veteran was taken by Katja Rietdorf (Born To Bike - Bridgetown Cycles) – her time of 56-30 was also enough to be classed as third fastest woman.
The course follows two main roads – the A14 outside Newmarket leading onto the A11 where riders make a turn at the Four Wentways roundabout between Babraham and Little Abington. They then retrace the roads and back near the starting point.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. David Langlands (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) 47:01
2. Stuart Travis (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) 47:16
3. Adam Duggleby (Vive Le Velo) 47:45
4. James Rix (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) 48:30
5. Mark Jones (DRAG2ZERO) 48:42
6. Geir Robinson (Regents Park Rouleurs) 48:55
7. Staurt Fairweather (Team Velovelocity) 48:57
= Daniel Barnett (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) 48:57
9. Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC) 49-13
10. Alan Murchison (DRAG2ZERO) 49:16
1. Alice Lethbridge (DRAG2ZERO) 51:03
2. Vicky Gill (DRAG2ZERO) 54:04
3. Katja Rietdorf (Born To Bike – Bridgetown Cycles) 56:30
Male: David Langlands (Team Bottrill/Vanguard) 47:01
Female: Katja Rietdorf (Born To Bike – Bridgetown Cycles) 56:30