Tim Cartwright (Newbury Road Club) and Angela Burnikell (Sotonia CC) were the fastest male and female riders as Andover Wheelers staged a 10-mile time trial on the P612/10 course near Picket Piece in Hampshire on Sunday.
38-year-old Cartwright from Thatcham in Berkshire covered the course in 18.06 to win by 51 seconds from Gary Chambers (NOPINZ), while third spot went to the promoting club’s own Matt Bickley, who was another 33 seconds off the pace.
And in the women’s category, Angela Burnikell (Sotonia CC) clocked 22.53 to take the win in that category from Michelle Walter (Bournemouth Arrow CC).
Cartwright doesn’t often ride open time trials, with just three now listed on his profile. But this was his second victory of the season, having won the Farnham Road Club 10 in May and also placed second in the Charlotteville CC 50 that same month.
And similarly for Burnkikell, this is her third win of the season from a limited number of open rides.
She last tasted victory in the Poole Wheelers 10 last month, while in May she won the Bournemouth and District CC 25 and was second in the Antelope RT 10 back in March.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Tim Cartwright (Newbury RC) 18.06
2. Gary Chambers (Nopinz) 18.57
3. Matt Buckley (Andover Wh) 19.30
4. Matt Langdown (Blazing Saddles) 19.39
5. Paul Jones (Primera-Teamjobs) 19.42
6. Jonathan Robinson (Army CU) 19.50
7. Andrew Payne (Maidenhead & Dist CC) 20.05
=8. Simon Berogna (VC St Raphael) 20.38
=8. Simon Healey (Andover Wh) 20.38
10. Thom Hayward (VC Venta) 20.46
Women: Angela Burnikell (Sotonia CC) 22.53