Kate Allan secured her first ever national title after claiming victory at the National 50-mile Championship in Yorkshire on Sunday.
The 32-year-old from Berkshire has only been participating in time trials since 2015 since making the transition from triathlon, but topped the field of 29 finishers on the course in North Yorkshire and Teesside.
Neither the defending champion Angela Hibbs or 2016 runner-up Julia Shaw were in action this time around and it was Allan, who was the final starter, that claimed the victory in a time just outside her personal best.
The drag2zero rider stopped the clock in 1:52.11 for a winning margin of 36 over team-mate Alice Lethbridge.
“Even though it wasn’t quite my best time, I’m pleased with the performance as it was windy out there today,” Allan said.
The title is the result of good form throughout 2017, with Allan having picked up a number of victories at various distances including two at the Sportzmad 25 and the AS test team 10 last month.
“My next target is the national 100 in a couple of weeks’ time,” she added.
Allan will have a tough battle with Lethbridge on that occasion, the latter going into the event as the new record holder over the gruelling distance.
Katie Greves was third behind Lethbridge to complete the podium, the AS Test team rider stopping the clock in 1:53.38.
Fourth place Karen Ledger (Team Bottrill) was the first veteran, holding of the challenge of Jackie Field by 14 seconds.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
* A gallery of photographs from the event taken by Kimroy Photography is available here
1. Kate Allan (drag2zero) 1:52.11
2. Alice Lethbridge (drag2zero) 1:52.47
3. Katie Greves (AS Test Team) 1:53.38
4. Karen Ledger (Team Bottrill) 1:56.30
5. Jackie Field (CC Ashwell) 1:56.44
6. Catriona MacGillivray (RT 23) 1:57.52
7. Becky Lewis (Mid Shropshire Wh) 1:58.01
8. Bronwen Ewing (Rye & Dist Wh) 1:58.37
9. Katja Rietdorf (Born to Bike) 1:59.59
10. Jessica Rhodes-Jones (Beacon Roads CC) 2:00.06