|Event Information and Start Sheet||WRC Ron Spencer 25 Mile TT 16-07-2016 Start Sheet and Information.pdf||08 Jul 16 19:48||Download|
Ron Spencer joined Warrington Road Club in 1958 as a youngster and soon became one of the best Time Trial riders not only in the club, but soon enough the whole UK. Ron was National 12-hour champion in 1963 and second in the BBAR that year. Thirty years later, he was still clocking fast standards against the clock under the hour on the course you ride for this event until his untimely passing in 2011. Warrington Road Club dedicate this Time Trial to the memory of Ron Spencer, to our former President and an active part of the cycling community.
Many thanks for your entry in this event.
Warrington Road Club Presents the Ron Spencer Memorial 25 Mile Time Trial
On Saturday 16th July 2016 1st rider off at 14.01
The event is ‘Promoted for and on behalf of Cycling Time Trials under their Rules & Regulations’.
Ian Haddock, 21 Harding Avenue, Warrington, Cheshire, WA2 0HH, 07951 290448 (email@example.com)
GOOSTREY VILLAGE HALL, Main Road, Goostrey, Crewe, Cheshire CW4 8PE, Open from 13:00.
PARKING AT HQ - PLEASE NOTE - Given the number of riders, the car park should be used for Riders only, if your guests/friends are planning to attend, please advise them to use other suitable parking facilities in the village (do not use the main road). I have spoken to the Crown Pub across the road and we can use this as spill over, please park appropriately and DO NOT get changed in your car or in the park and DO NOT set up Turbo’s in the car park. There will be plenty of space in and around the Village Hall. No parking before the gates to the HQ from Main Road.
Gordon Pickering and Graham Laurence
PRIZES - PLEASE SEE INFORMATION AND START SHEET
COURSE J2/9 25 miles
At A “JS2” mark in Bomish Lane (Jodrell Bank to Goostrey road). At a telegraph pole No 2 approx. 300yds west of the A535.
Proceed East to the A535 and forward on the A535 to:-
CHELFORD ISLAND 2.169 m
2nd exit left on the A537 to Seven Sisters lane at:-
OLLERTON CROSS ROADS 5.219 m
left along the lane to the A50 and left on the A50 to Twemlow Lane at:-
CRANAGE 11.408 m
left into and along the lane to join the A535 at Twemlow Green, left to:-
CHELFORD ISLAND 18.064 m
2nd exit left on the A537 to Seven Sisters Lane at
OLLERTON CROSS ROADS 21.052 m
left along the lane to the A50 and, left on the A50 to:-
FINISH 25.000 m
At a “JF2” mark opposite the right hand field gate post opposite and just before the entrance to the Mount Pleasant Nursing Home, approx 500yds. past the cross roads after the Drovers Public House.
INTERNET DIRECTIONS BELOW of the Course
Directions to the start from HQ:
The Start is approx. 4 miles away so allow sufficient time. Turn right out of HQ on to A50. Left signposted Goostrey. Through Goostrey and left in front of church and down the hill. Follow lane ignoring left and right forks, to start which is just over the railway bridge after a sharp right bend and adjacent to the entrance to Jodrell Bank Telescope. Please avoid using course to warm up or to ride to the start. NO U turns at start – dismount!!
INTERNET DIRECTIONS BELOW from HQ to the Start.
Directions from the Finish back to HQ:
Once you've crossed the line, please ride back safely on the left hand side of the road and consider other cyclists still competing as well as traffic like normal. Remain on the A50 for aproximately 3/4 of a mile and turn left on to New Platt Lane and continue to the Junction meeting Goostrey Lane. Turn left on to Goostrey Lane till you get to HQ which will be on your left hand side
INTERNET DIRECTIONS BELOW from Finish to HQ.
1. No parking at the start or finish. Vehicles must not be parked, however briefly, in any part of the access area to Mount Pleasant Nursing Home, opposite the finish.
2. Warnings: Care at road junctions: Riders must exercise caution at all junctions. Any competitor whose riding line causes her/him to cross the white line when approaching or leaving a junction will be liable to disqualification from the event and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action.
3. Any rider making a U turn in the vicinity of the start or finish will be disqualified.
4. Riders must not stop at the finish but should continue on to the event headquarters where times will be displayed.
5. Riders must negotiate Chelford Island in a safe and sensible manner in accordance with CTT Reg. 20 and the rules of the road.
6. Riders must be able to brake and stop at the island if traffic conditions require this. Riders MUST NOT approach and encircle the island using tri-bars. Remember - traffic on the island has priority over traffic (including riders) entering it. Any rider seen to be in breach of this regulation will be disqualified from the event and may be reported for further disciplinary action.
7. Care at Road Junctions. Riders must exercise care at all junctions. Any competitor who’s riding line causes him/her to cross the white line when approaching or leaving a junction will be liable to disqualification and may be reported to the District Committee for further disciplinary action.
8. Riders must take extra care when exiting from Seven Sisters Lane onto the A50
9. Be aware that there is a double bend shortly after turning into Twemlow Lane at Cranage. Riders need to anticipate this and be prepared to negotiate it in a safe manner. In wet weather the metal covers and edges become a skid risk. Please take care.
10. IN THE INTERESTS OF YOUR OWN SAFETY, Cycling Time Trials and the event promoters strongly advise you to wear a HARD SHELL HELMET that meets an internationally accepted safety. In accordance with Regulation 15 ALL JUNIOR & JUVENILE competitors must wear Protective Hard Shell Helmets.
11. It is recommended that a working rear light, either flashing or constant, is fitted to the machine in a position visible to following road users and is active whilst the machine is in use.