Mattie Dodd (Team Backstedt Bike Performance) was fastest overall in the Southern Counties CU 10-mile time trial, while Valerie Place (7Oaks Tri Club) was the quickest woman.
17-year-old Dodd completed the G10/42 course near North Holmwood in 19:20, and was one of three riders to go under 20 minutes. He also completed the course 46 seconds quicker than Spindata predicted in order to claim the top spot.
Jacob Storey (Partenza-Nude Espresso RT) was second in 19:50, while a further 10 seconds off the pace coming in at 20 minutes flat was Joshua Golliker (trainSharp Development Team).
This was Dodd’s first open time trial of the year, his last ride being a win at the Farnborough and Camberley CC 10 in November of last year which he won.
Prior to that he had claimed the win at the National Junior Closed Circuit Championship over 11.7 miles, as well as second junior at the National 10-Mile Championships last September. He is yet to register for more events in 2022 but he is one to keep an eye out come the end of the season.
In the women’s event it was Valerie Place (7Oaks Tri Club) to go quickest, though competition was lacking as the other female entrant was a no show. The winning time for Place was 26:44.
The 61-year-old was also competing in her first open event of 2022 according to her CTT profile. She is somewhat familiar with this course as she rode the Southern Counties CU 25 here in 2020 and won there also.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Neral Buckley.
1. Mattie Dodd (Team Backstedt Bike Performance) - 19:20
2. Jacob Storey (Partenza-Nude Espresso RT) - 19:50
3. Joshua Golliker (trainSharp Development Team) - 20:00
4. Liam Maybank (Twickenham CC) - 20:13
5. Adrian Ford (Team Bottrill) - 21:14
6. Keith Lea (Paceline RT) - 21:19
Women: Valerie Place (7Oaks Tri Club) - 26:44