Tim Torrie and Karen Aylen earned victory as fastest male and fastest female respectively at the ECCA 10 on Sunday morning
In the men’s event Torrie, of trainSharp Development Team, clocked an impressive 20-16 to take victory ahead of Chelmer CC rider David Harding who finished in 21-39.
Third spot went to Matthew Saunders (Team Vision Racing – Silverhook) who set 22-34 just a day after also claiming third at the Victoria CC 10.
Maldon and District CC rider Aylen finished in 25-22 to beat Easterly Road Club rider Julia Freeman, who registered 26-16.
Fastest junior went to James Wicks of Essex Roads CC, whose time of 24-09 ensured he finished ahead of Team Vision Racing – Silverhook rider Morgan Saunder, who finished in 24-30.
Torrie now has three wins from the four events he has finished this season, having previously triumphed in the Kings Lynn CC 25-mile time trial on April 2, followed by another success at the Finsbury Park CC 25-mile time trial on April 23, with a ninth place in his last outing at the National 25-mile Championships on June 12.
The event, on course E91/10, starts in Leaden Roding and heads through Aythorpe Roding and after 5.5 miles it turns at Clopton Hall Lane to retrace the route back towards the finish, stopping just north of Aythorpe Roding Village.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by James Ayles.
1. Timothy Torrie (trainSharp Development Team) 20-16
2. David Harding (Chelmer CC) 21-39
3. Matthew Saunder (Team Vision Racing – Silverhook) 22-34
4. Gary Record (West Kent RC) 22-58
5. Andrew Wenham (Shaftesbury CC) 23-03
6. Terry Garlinge (Easterly Road Club) 23-27
1. Karen Aylen (Maldon and District CC) 25-22
2. Julia Freeman (Easterly Road Club) 26-16