Colin Ward (Essex Roads CC) was victorious in the Chelmer CC 25-mile time trial near Chelmsford, while team-mate Louise Robinson led the field in the women’s event.
Scratch rider Ward clocked 51-58, while the Harding twin brothers followed to fill up the podium spots. First of the Chelmer CC brothers was Peter who clocked in at 55:45, while David showed there is very little to split them, finishing just a second behind in 55:46 to take bronze.
Ward has been on a great run that has seen him win all but one of the open events he has participated in since 2019. His most recent outing saw him win the Eastern Counties CA 15, while the event beforehand saw him win the Hainault RC 50km.
In the women’s event it was Louise Robinson that claimed the victory. She finished the course in 1:04:26 while in second it was Jan Harvey (Southend Wheelers) who clocked in at 1:06:47.
Harvey had a previous best over 25 miles of 1:09:17 which she shaved two and a half minutes off of in this event, although it was not enough to put her into first it did get her a spot on the podium and also she will be delighted with the ride due to the huge improvement.
The E9/25 course sees the riders go North up the A1060 before reaching the B184, they follow that road up to the Ongar Road roundabout before turning and heading back the way they came to the finish line.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Neral Buckley.
1. Colin Ward (Essex Roads CC) - 51:58
2. Peter Harding (Chelmer CC) - 55:45
3. David Harding (Chelmer CC) - 55:46
4. Nicholas Knight (Hart Performance Coaching) - 56:49
5. Martin Kober (Abellio - SFA Racing) - 56:53
1. Louise Robinson (Essex Roads CC) - 1:04:26
2. Jan Harvey (Southend Wheelers) - 1:06:47
Men: James Lonergan (Southend Wheelers) - 59:00
Women: Miriam Bullock (East London Velo) - 1:08:42