Andrew Hastings (Haste CC) rode to victory in the Whitewebbs 10-mile time trial in Hertfordshire on Saturday, while Amy Pritchard (Giant Camden Team Liv) was the winner of the women’s event.
Veteran Hastings continued his run of good form going into this event, having won last time out when riding also on this course. He yet again claimed top spot in Hertfordshire, this time clocking 19:25, which was quicker than his time here a week earlier.
Ross Clarke (TMG Horizon CT) and Mark Jones (Drag2zero) were the riders to follow, finishing in 19:30 and 19:49 respectively.
Having won two events already this season, Hastings clinched a third victory here by just five seconds. Clarke who just missed out on the top spot was third to Hastings here a week ago and he went one better this time out. He had finished third in three consecutive events prior to the Whitewebbs 10, breaking that run at the fourth attempt.
Third-placed Jones went off as the scratch man but was unable to get his second win of the season having previously won in the East Anglian 10 earlier this month.
In the women’s event it was Amy Pritchard that proved fastest female in a time of 22:43.
Jill Bartlett (Hounslow & District Whs) and Brenda Bozwood-Davies (Team Trident) were the final two women to finish on the podium, finishing with times of 28:54 and 33:59 respectively.
43-year-old Pritchard participated in a 25-mile event in Northampton last time out where she was victor. This event win made it back-to-back victories for the first time this year for the rider who is scheduled to ride in the Lea Valley CC 10 next weekend.
The F20/10 out and back course begins on the A10 just after Rush Green, it follows the road down through various interchanges before a roundabout just past the Turnford interchange where they head back for home.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Neral Buckley.
1. Andrew Hastings (Haste CC) 19:25
2. Ross Clarke (TMG Horizon CT) 19:30
3. Mark Jones (Drag2zero) 19:49
4. Tim Lewis (Ful-on Tri) 20:21
5. Christopher Wedge (Whitewebbs CC) 20:26
6. Stuart Hourigan (34 Nomads CC) 20:30
1. Amy Pritchard (Giant Camden Team Liv) 22:43
2. Jill Bartlett (Hounslow & District Whs) 28:54
3. Brenda Bozwood-Davies (Team Trident) 33:59
Team: TMG Horizon CT (Ross Clarke, Michael Parker, Steve Clarke) 1:03:47