Zach Herrod (AeroLab Ward Wheelz) and Hannah O’Brien (Loose Cannon’s Conditioning) were fastest male and female riders respectively at the East District CA 10-mile event in Norfolk on Saturday.
Herrod, 23 and from Beccles, clocked a blistering 19-50 to take the win by 12 seconds from Lloyd Chapman (Loose Cannon’s Conditioning), while Ben Stancombe (Peterborough CC) was four seconds further back in third.
44-year-old O’Brien covered the B10/37r course near Tottenhill in 23-28 to win the women’s event by 23 seconds from Cindy Beynon (Epic Orange Race Team), while Swift Racing’s Sally Withey took third with 26-15.
The EDCA Championship title went to Chapman, while Mark Richards (DAP CC) was second with 20-11, and Nick Partridge (VC Baracchi) third.
Chapman also led Loose Cannon’s Conditioning to the team title alongside James Potter and Robert Staines, who were eighth and ninth fastest respectively.
This was Herrod’s third open time trial victory of the season, having won the King’s Lynn CC 10 and CC Breckland 10 in April, but in the meantime he has posted impressive performances with second in the VC Baracchi 10 and third in the VC Norwich 10 in May.
He is next due to be in action in the Hemel Hempstead CC 10 next Saturday, and hopes to get a ride in the Lea Valley CC 10 on July 3.
This was Hannah O’Brien’s fourth consecutive open time trial win this season, having also been fastest woman in the VC Norwich 10 and Orwell Velo 20 last month, as well as the CC Breckland 10 in April.
She will next be going for glory in the Godric CC 10 next Saturday, as well as the Wolsey RC 25 on July 4.
The B10/37r course takes riders from the start south of Tottenhill down the A10 to Downham Market, where they turn east towards Fincham and back up the A134 to a finish east of Tottenhill.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Zach Herrod (AeroLab Ward Wheelz) 19.50
2. Lloyd Chapman (Loose Cannon’s Conditioning) 20.02
3. Ben Stancombe (Peterborough CC) 20.06
4. Mark Richards (DAP CC) 20.11
5. Ben Beynon (ROTOR Race Team) 20.13
6. Nick Partridge (VC Baracchi) 20.55
7. Eliot Hibell (King’s Lynn CC) 21.09
8. James Potter (Loose Cannon’s Conditioning) 21.13
9. Robert Staines (Loose Cannon’s Conditioning) 21.19
=10. David Halliday (Newmarket C&TC) 21.24
=10. Dan Blackburn (Epic Orange RT) 21.24
1. Hannah O’Brien (Loose Cannon’s Conditioning) 23.28
2. Cindy Beynon (Epic Orange RT) 23.51
3. Sally Withey (Swift Racing) 26.15
Juveniles: William Horspool (Boston Wheelers) 24.24
Veterans on std: Keith Dorling (Team Bottrill) +6.34