Francesca Hall (Team Boompods) and junior Joseph Smith (Iceni Velo) set new course records, while Will Perrett (AeroLab Ward Wheelz) was overall fastest in the Norwich ABC 10-mile time trial in Norfolk on Saturday afternoon.
Hall clocked 21-57 for the B10/43 course near Wortwell, giving the 25-year-old from Loughborough victory on the day by almost two minutes from Team LDN rider Amy Marks, while veteran Verity Smith (Loose Cannon’s Conditioning) was third.
24-year-old Perrett notched up another win, clocking 19-23 to be fastest overall by 23 seconds from Tim Torrie (TBW23 Stuart Hall Cycling), with Ben Beynon (Strada 2020) third, 40 seconds slower than Perrett.
It was Perrett’s second victory of the open time trial season so far, having won the East District CA 10 last month and placed second in the Sherwood CC 25 as well as sixth in the National 10-Mile Championship. He will be aiming for more glory in next Saturday’s Hemel Hempstead CC 10.
16-year-old Norwich-based Joseph Smith covered the course in 22-17 to set a new junior course record, the Iceni Velo junior being an impressive 4-17 faster than second best junior Ryan Coles (VC Baracchi).
And in the tandems category Lowestoft Wheelers pairing Andrew Hutchison and Catherine Hutchison clocked 22-33 to win by 38 seconds from Mark Fraser (CC Ashwell) and James Fraser (citycyclecentre).
The event used the popular B10/43 course which starts to the north east of Harleston and heads up the A143 to the Bungay bypass, turning to the north of the town and heading back down to finish near Wortwell.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Will Perrett (AeroLab Ward Wheelz) 19.23
2. Tim Torrie (TBW23 Stuart Hall Cycling) 19.46
3. Ben Beynon (Strada 2020) 20.03
1. Francesca Hall (Team Boompods) 21.57
2. Amy Marks (Team LDN) 23.55
3. Verity Smith (Loose Cannon’s Conditioning) 24.05
1. Joseph Smith (Iceni Velo) 22.17
2. Ryan Coles (VC Baracchi) 26.34
3. Jamie Bretton (VC Baracchi) 27.39
1. Andrew Hutchison & Catherine Hutchison (Lowestoft Wheelers) 22.33
2. Mark Fraser (CC Ashwell) & James Fraser (City Cycle Centre) 23.11
3. John Swanbury & Kate Churchill (VC Baracchi) 24.06