Jude Taylor (Crimson Orientation Marketing) secured win number three for his 2020 season as he powered up the Crown Point climb staged by Rossendale Road Club on Saturday morning.
Meanwhile, Yorkshire Road Club’s Mary Wilkinson mastered the downpours to take victory in the women’s category. It was also her third victory of the hill-climb season too.
Taylor, 25 and from Garforth, clocked 2-26.1 to take the win by 4.4 seconds from Ben Greenwood (Macclesfield Wheelers), while Barrow Central Wheelers’ David Huck was another second behind in third.
39-year-old Wilkinson clocked 2-55.7 to win the women’s prize by just over 25 seconds. Joint second were Macclesfield Wheelers’ Monica Greenwood and Corinne Side of the univ of Derby CC who both clocked 3-20.8.
In other categories Huck led Barrow Central Wheelers to the team prize alongside Richard Helm and Richard Morgan, while Helm was the fastest veteran. And Francis Woodcock (Team SB Hub) was the best junior, his time of 2-37.0 giving him fifth overall in a field of 43 finishers.
For Taylor this was his third victory of the season after also being victorious in the East Lancashire RC two-stage and Cleveland Wheelers climbs last month, but he was also second in the Halifax Imperial Wheelers and Stockton Wheelers climbs so is a man in form.
Wilkinson’s win in the women’s event comes after she also won the East Lancashire Road Club two-stage at Blackstone Edge, while she was winner of Ilkeston CC’s Holly Lane climb too as well as second in the Peak RC’s Longstone Edge climb in August.
The kilometre-long course takes riders through the middle of Burnley Golf Club up Woodplumpton Road to the south of the town.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Jude Taylor (Crimson Orientation Marketing RT) 2-26.1
2. Ben Greenwood (Macclesfield Wheelers) 2-30.5
3. David Huck (Barrow Central Wheelers) 2-31.5
4. Anthony Lock (Manchester Wheelers) 2-34.0
5. Francis Woodcock (Team SB Hub) 2-37.0
6. Richard Helm (Barrow Central Wheelers) 2-39.3
7. Martyn Stewart (East Lancashire RC) 2-40.2
8. Isaac Peatfield (Crimson Orientation Marketing) 2-40.8
9. Patrick Casey (Team Lifting Gear Products) 2-49.8
10. Rick Bailey (Team Lifting Gear Products) 2-52.9
1. Mary Wilkinson (Yorkshire Road Club) 2-55.7
=2. Monica Greenwood (Macclesfield Wheelers) 3-20.8
=2. Corinne Side (Univ of Derby CC) 3-20.8
Veterans: Richard Helm
Juvenile/Junior: Francis Woodcock
Team: Barrow Central Wheelers (David Huck, Richard Helm, Richard Morgan).