Anna Cullen was top woman by some distance as Sandy Gourley took his first solo 2019 victory on the roads of Cornwall in the Lanhydrock Wheelers 25-mile time trial on Sunday.
Gourley (Penzance Wheelers CC) has won once previously this season (in a three-up last month) but this marks his first victory as a lone rider.
The 43-year-old has been consistent this year amassing seven solo podiums in nine started events.
His first victory in open events on record since 2017 comes after clocking a time of 51-33.
Donald Brooks (Mid Devon CC) equalled his best placing of the year in second after crossing the line in 52-15 while only 16 seconds further adrift was Paul Walshe (Plymouth Corinthian CC) in third with a time of 52-31.
Anna Cullen (Tri Logic Cornwall) topped the women’s category timesheet after clocking a time of 1-01-13.
Cullen started second and set the pace with only three riders left to challenge but no one could meet the task with Rose Willis coming the closest.
Willis (St Austell Wheelers CC) could only manage a time of 1-02-45, finishing second and improving on her fifth place from last weekend’s Plymouth Corinthian CC 50.
Martina Geraghty (Penzance Wheelers CC) had to settle for third and a decent run of form which has now seen her claim back-to-back podium finishes; this time she clocked 1-03-03.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Sandy Gourley (Penzance Wheelers CC) 51.33
2. Donald Brooks (Mid Devon CC) 52.15
3. Paul Walshe (Plymouth Corinthian CC) 52.31
4. Leon Malpas (Penzance Wheelers CC) 54.22
5. James Grogan (Giant Helston) 54.41
6. James Hadfield (Giant Helston) 54.51
7. Alan Hughes (Exeter Triathlon Club) 55.48
8. Kevin Dawson (Penzance Wheelers CC) 56.29
9. Andrew Smith (Tri Logic Cornwall) 57.59
10. Peter Maker (St Austell Wheelers CC) 59.03
1. Anna Cullen (Tri Logic Cornwall) 1:01.13
2. Rose Willis (St Austell Wheelers CC) 1:02.03
3. Martina Geraghty (Penzance Wheelers CC) 1:03.03