Olivia Webb made it two wins in as many days as Neil Harris claimed men’s victory in the second of Eastbourne Rovers CC’s weekend events, this time the Cliff Sharp 25-mile Memorial time trial near Maresfield in East Sussex on Sunday.
Unlike many of the riders on Sunday, Harris (Southborough & District Wheelers) opted not to ride the day before but was a clear winner in the lengthier of the two events, ending the day victorious with a time of 54-19.
Harris beat host club rider, and Saturday’s 10-mile winner David Clements to the 25-mile victory by 44 seconds although Clement can take solace from being the most improved rider on the G25/89 course from the 2018 running of the event.
Clements crossed the line in a time of 55-03 compared to last years’ time of 57-01.
After a good third place performance on Saturday, junior Fabien Large (Nopinz) replicated his placing with another bronze medal.
Large edged Dave Clarke (Eastbourne Rovers CC) by three seconds with a time of 56-07.
Olivia Webb (Eastbourne Rovers CC) managed to claim victories in both of the weekend’s events.
Webb couldn’t mirror Clements and improve on her 2018 ride but her time of 1-06-41 was still enough to finish top on a day marred by a female rider suffering with a suspected broken collarbone.
In the team stakes, Southborough & District Wheelers pipped host club Eastbourne Rovers CC one minute and 51 seconds. Their trio of Neil Harris, David Rumm and Keith Brown submitted a cumulative time of 2-48-52.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Neil Harris (Soutborough & District Wheelers) 54.19
2. David Clements (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 55.03
3. Fabien Large (Nopinz) 56.07
4. David Clark (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 56.10
5. David Rumm (Southborough & District Wheelers) 56.50
6. Carl Richardson (trainSharp) 57.35
7. Keith Brown (Southborough & District Wheelers) 57.43
8. John Cordner (trainSharp) 57.56
9. Paul Byford (Crawley Wheelers) 58.02
10. Trevor Deeble (Hastings & St. Leonards CC) 58.19
Women: Olivia Webb (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 1:06.41
Veteran: David Clements
Team: Southborough & District Wheelers (Harris, Rumm, Brown) 2:48.52