David Clements and Olivia Webb were the fastest male and female respectively at the Eastbourne Rovers CC 10-mile time trial that took place near East Hoathly in East Sussex on Saturday morning.
Clements (Eastbourne Rovers CC) finished with the fastest time overall in the Stan Nash memorial event after finishing his run with a time of 21-37.
This was Clements’ first open victory on record so far this season, with his highest finish to date coming at the East Sussex CA two-up 17.2 in which he finished fifth alongside David Clark.
The home club rider will be hoping he can continue his winning form tomorrow as he is set to ride at the Eastbourne Rovers CC 25 on the G25/89 course.
Will Reeder (trainSharp) finished in second, after clocking a time of 21-38 to miss out on the top prize by a margin of only one second.
Fabien Large (NOPINZ) completed the podium after clocking a time of 22-11 respectively.
Olivia Webb made sure that Eastbourne Rovers CC topped the podium in both the overall and women’s events after clocking a time of 26-11.
Webb last achieved a podium finish at the Sussex CA 25 at the beginning of May, where she finished 3rd in the women’s event respectively.
She will be hoping to continue with her winning ways tomorrow as she is also set to ride at the Eastbourne Rovers CC 25.
The fastest team on the day was Eastbourne Rovers CC (David Clements, Matthew Woods and David Clark) who finished with an overall time of 1-06-21.
Andrew Stewart (N+1 Lindfield Coffee Works) finished as the fastest overall veteran with a time of 22-38.
Clive Jackson (Central Sussex CC) produced an excellent time of 28-35 to finish as the fastest rider over the age of 60.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. David Clements (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 21-37
2. Will Reeder (trainSharp) 21-38
3. Fabien Large (NOPINZ) 22-11
4. Matthew Woods (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 22-15
5. Paul Newsome (Project 51) 22-20
6. David Clark (Eastboune Rovers CC) 22-29
7. Theo Tadros (trainSharp) 22-33
8. Andrew Stewart (N+1 – Lindfield Coffee Works) 22-38
9. Carl Richardson (trainSharp) 22-52
10. Mark Edwards (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 22-57
Oliva Webb (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 26-11
Anita Turner (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 30-22
Claire Stafford (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 31-05