Lisa Davis (trainSharp) and Mark Smith (Crawley Wheelers) were crowned the Sussex CA 25-Mile champions after powering to victory in the title race near Steyning in West Sussex on Sunday morning.
Davis, 44 and from Heathfield, clocked 1-02-25 to win by 1-14 from Madelaine Lee-Smith (Oxted CC), while Eastbourne Rovers CC rider Olivia Webb took third, another 1-27 off the pace.
And in the men’s competition, Smith clocked 51-41 to take the win following his victory in the previous day’s 10-mile Sussex CA event.
This time he beat Pat Wright (Paceline RT) into second spot by 1-03, while Saturday’s runner-up and reigning Sussex 25 champ Simon Macnamara (South Downs Bikes) had to settle for third on Sunday with 53-33.
Mcnamara had the consolation of leading South Downs Bikes to the team prize alongside Stuart Bettis and Kevin Plummer, while in other categories Chris Lord (Brighton Excelsior CC) was fastest veteran on CTT target time with a plus of +16.24 following an actual time of 59-13.
The event took place in chilly conditions which saw a northerly wind get stronger as the morning went on, affecting the later riders.
Below the podium placings, Howard Shaw (trainSharp) had to settle for fourth with 54-00, while 45 seconds behind him was Howard Bayley (Blazing Saddles).
This win is Smith’s fourth open victory of the season so far, following on from his win in the Sussex CA 10 the day before, the Sussex CA hilly 25 in March and the Southern Counties CU 25 last month.
He is next in action in the Worthing Excelsior CC 25 next Sunday as well as tackling the following Wednesday’s a3crg 10.
The win for Lisa Davis comes after she placed third in the women’s category at the last three open events she rode – the Sussex CA 10-mile Championship on Saturday, as well as the East Sussex CA 10 and 25 events the weekend before.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Mark Smith (Crawley Wheelers) 51.41
2. Pat Wright (Paceline RT) 52.44
3. Simon Macnamara (South Downs Bikes) 53.33
4. Howard Shaw (trainSharp) 54.00
5. Howard Bayley (Blazing Saddles) 54.45
6. Nick Dwyer (Lewes Wanderers CC) 54.52
7. Matthew Smith (Team ASL) 54.55
8. Nik Allen (Worthing Excelsior CC) 55.12
9. David Triska (Team Bottrill) 55.50
10. Stuart Bettis (South Downs Bikes) 56.11
Team: South Downs Bikes (Simon Macnamara, Stuart Bettis, Kevin Plummer 57.34) 2:47.18
1. Lisa Davis (trainSharp) 1:02.25
2. Madelaine Lee-Smith (Oxted CC0 1:03.39
3. Olivia Webb (Eastbourne Rovers CC) 1:05.06
Veterans on target time: Chris Lord (Brighton Excelsior CC) (59.13) +16.24