If you have a map of this course, please email email@example.com
Leo Hayter and Alice Lethbridge secured early-season victories as they proved fastest male and female at the Gil Jessop Memorial sporting 13.6-mile time trial in Surrey on Sunday morning.
Hayter, 17 and from Croydon, clocked 30-13 to win by 26 seconds from Twickenham CC veteran Liam Maybank, while Ben Elliott (C and N Cycles RT) was another 45 seconds back in third spot.
And multiple national champion Lethbridge clocked 34-18 to win the women’s category by more than two and a half minutes from Rosamund Bradbury (Sigma Sport) and place 15th overall among the men.
There was a tie for third in the women’s event between Sarah Matthews (a3crg) and Samantha Fawcett (Lovelo Cycle Works) who both clocked 37-57.
Lethbridge, 34 and from Epsom, equalled her course record set last year for the GS/292a course from Hungry Hill to East Clandon, through West Horsley and back along Ripley Lane.
The event is branded as the Gil Jessop Memorial. Gil was an original member of the club who was instrumental in reforming it after World War Two in 1953. He later became club president, a post he held until his death in the early 1990s.
Talented youngster Hayter is usually seen riding on the track or in road races, having played second in last year’s Junior Tour of Wales. He also competed in several road races in France and Belgium last season.
The team prize went once again to the Paceline RT, with Pat Wright taking fourth place overall and Andrew Bradbury fifth. They were joined in the winning trio by team-mate Thomas Whatley, although their combined time of 1-35-36 was just over two minutes slower than Paceline’s team course record of 1-33-34 set in last year’s event.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Leo Hayter (VC Londres) 30.13
2. L. Maybank (Twickenham CC) 30.39
3. B. Elliott (C and N Cycles RT) 31.24
4. P. Wright (Paceline RT) 31.25
5. A. Bradbury (Paceline RT) 31.33
6. N. Grunshaw (Kingston Wheelers) 32.15
7. M. Aldred (Kingston Wheelers) 32.23
8. T. Whatley (Paceline RT) 32.38
9. K. Lea (Paceline RT) 33.32
10. N. Harrigan (Gravesend CC) 33.47
1. Alice Lethbridge (Drag2zero) 34.18
2. R. Bradbury (Sigma Sports) 36.55
=3. S. Fawcett (Lovelo Cycle Works) 37.57
=3. S. Matthews (a3crg) 37.57
Veterans on std:
1. Liam Maybank +6.33
2. K. Lea +3.53
3. S. Matthews (a3crg) +3.44