If you have a map of this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nikola Matthews and Richard Dean were in good form as both topped their respective categories in a 50-mile open time trial hosted by the Yorkshire Cycling Federation near Boroughbridge on Saturday.
Rockingham CC rider Richard Dean took his first victory over 50 miles this season with a strong showing in what is his second overall open victory on record this year.
Dean clocked a time of 1-49-44 to lead a fellow favourite for the event Darren Yarwood (Vive le Velo) by just under two minutes.
Dean’s placing’s have been consistently good finishing no lower than sixth so far this year, and only lower than fourth on one occasion in nine events.
In second, Yarwood couldn’t make it consecutive time trial victories after clocking a competition record time on a tandem bike in last weekend’s East District CA 100.
This week, Yarwood clocked 1-51-36 for his 13th podium this season.
In third, Team Swift’s Richard Sharp was only 14 seconds shy of Yarwood in second with a time of 1-51-50.
In the women’s category Nikola Matthews (Halifax Imperial Wheelers) clinched her first open victory of the season.
Matthews had two previous fifth place finishes but her time of 2-20-47 gave her a convincing gap of 4-42 to second-placed Goldthorpe and will look to continue the form in two weeks’ time at the Beacon Wheelers 10.
Helen Goldthorpe (Otley CC) finished with time of 2-25-29 in second for her first major placing so far this year as Sandra Burrows (Vive le Velo) finished third in 2-37-58.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Richard Dean (Rockingham CC) 1:49.44
2. Darren Yarwood (Vive le Velo) 1:51.36
3. Richard Sharp (Team Swift) 1:51.50
4. Philip Graves (Velo Club York) 1:53.09
5. Ian Mitchelson (Halifax Imperial Wheelers) 1:53.43
6. Steven Guymer (Squadra RT) 1:55.31
7. Liam Golton (Selby CC) 1:58.10
8. Anthony Ashworth (Wetherby Wheelers) 1:58.47
9. Neil Cleminshaw (Vive le Velo) 2:00.02
10. Derek McMillan (SVTTA) 2:00.44
1. Nikola Matthews (Halifax Imperial Wheelers) 2:20.47
2. Helen Goldthorpe (Otley CC) 2:25.29
3. Sandra Burrows (Vive le Velo) 2:37.58