Joe Skipper took overall victory as Kerry Tate snatched the women’s category win by a matter of feet in the Norwich ABC 10-mile open event on Saturday afternoon between Harleston and Bungay in Norfolk.
Professional triathlete Skipper, a former World Long Distance Triathlon bronze medallist, showed he knows his way around a bike after winning with a 23-second margin.
The 31-year-old finished with a time of 20-18, ahead of Mark Richards in second.
Richards (DAP Cycling Club) equalled his best finish of the year in what is proving to be a consistent one with six podium finishes in 11 events with a further three finishes inside the top six.
He crossed the line in 20-41 while Jordan Black (Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club) was third in 21-02.
Kerry Tate (Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club) won for the second time this season in an event hosted by Norwich ABC; her previous coming on the same circuit in another 10-mile time trial in July.
Tate also added to numerous wins this season with this, her latest, her sixth so far this year thanks to a time of 24-32.
Her time wasn’t unbeatable despite managing to hold on for the win by the finest of margins.
Cindy Berry (DAP Cycling Club) came closest to toppling Tate but finished a harrowing second behind the winner with Beynon posting a time of 24-33.
In third, Jan Smith (Great Yarmouth CC) clocked 25-09.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Jack Cudworth.
1. Joe Skipper (Team Skipper) 20.18
2. Mark Richards (DAP Cycling Club) 20.41
3. Jordan Black (Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club) 21.02
1. Kerry Tate (Newmarket Cycling & Triathlon Club) 24.32
2. Cindy Berry (DAP Cycling Club) 24.33
3. Jan Smith (Great Yarmouth CC) 25.09