David Janes and Laura Rayner were the fastest male and female respectively at the Gillingham & District Wheelers 19 in Somerset on Saturday afternoon.
Rayner (Westbury Wheelers) clocked a time of 56-27 to top the podium in dry but windy conditions.
This open victory is the second on the female rider’s record, with her last win coming at the Barrington Hill Climb in October last year.
Meanwhile, David Janes (Wheels of Dorset) was the fastest male on the day, finishing his run with a new course record time of 41-06.
Janes adds this victory to a number of successful rides last season, with the 37-year-old last topping the podium at the Frome & District Wheelers 10 in February of this year.
Second spot was claimed by James Coleman (Rouge Racing) who finished with a time of 44-59.
This was the 33-year-old’s first event of the season and will be hoping to find some form over the coming weeks, having claimed numerous podium finishes throughout last campaign.
Robert Glover (Bradford-on-Avon CC) finished with a time of 45-12 to finish in third by a margin of seven seconds over Stefan Barnett (Bradford-on-Avon CC).
This was Glover’s first even of the season having earned a couple of victories last year, most notably winning the Performance Cycles CC 4-up in March.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission. This report by Ben Gretton.
1. David Janes (Wheels of Dorset) 41-06
2. James Coleman (Rouge Racing) 44-59
3. Robert Glover (Bradford-on-Avon CC) 45-12
4. Stefan Barnett (Bradford-on-Avon CC) 45-19
5. James Pittard (University of Bristol CC) 45-36
6. Tony Chapman (Frome and District Wheelers) 45-43
7. Charles Coleman (Rouge Racing) 45-59
8. Ted Cross (University of Bristol CC) 46-34
9. Simon Coles (Northover VT) 47-19
10. Morgan Curle (Giant CC) 47-25
1. Laura Rayner (Westbury Wheelers) 56-27
2. Julia Lowe (Yeovil CC) 1-10-30
3. Sarah Roberts (Gillingham and District Wheelers) 1-16-19
1. Tony Chapman (Frome and District Wheelers) 45-43
2. Simon Coles (Northover VT) 47-19
3. Luke Smith (Bristol South CC) 47-59