Jude Taylor (Cycles in Motion) continued his build-up to the National Hill-Climb Championships with a win at North Lancashire Road Club’s event on Nick O’Pendle on Sunday.
Taylor, 24 and from Garforth in Leeds, clocked 3-55.4 to win by just half a second and take his eighth hill-climb win of the season as he prepares for an assault on the National team title in next Sunday’s event in Devon.
His time was narrowly ahead of Alex O’Brien (Garstang CC), while third spot went to former multiple national champion Jim Henderson (Southport CC) who was around 30 seconds further back.
And in the women’s event victory went to Harriet Gilson (Tri Preston) whose time of 6-10.8 was just over a minute faster than Emma Houterman (North Lancs RC).
Conditions were good for the event with sunny autumnal skies and dry roads, but Taylor’s time was still some way off the impressive course record held by Chris Boardman of 3-29.2.
Further down the result, fourth spot went to Bill Nickson Cycles rider Sam Fairhurst with 4-41.0, around four seconds better than Archie Irving (Beacon Wheelers) in fifth spot, while Andrew Askwith (Vive le Velo) also went under the five minute mark with 4-56.5 for sixth place.
* All reports are copyright of Cycling Time Trials/Snowdon Sports. Not to be used without permission.
1. Jude Taylor (Cycles in Motion) 3:55.4
2. Alex O’Brien (Garstang CC) 3:55.9
3. Jim Henderson (Southport CC) 4:25.6
4. Sam Fairhurst (Bill Nickson Cycles) 4:41.0
5. Archie Irving (Beacon Wheelers) 4:45.3
6. Andrew Askwith (Vive le Velo) 4:56.5
7. Ben Dobson (Team ASL-Bolton) 5:09.6
8. Patrick Casey (CS Pendle) 5:10.8
9. Ross Hamilton (Green Jersey RT) 5:11.1
10. John Foster (North Lancs RC) 5:26.4
1. Harriet Giles (Tri Preston) 6:10.8
2. Emma Houterman (North Lancs RC) 7:11.2